Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DMX Plans Album, Reality Show After Jail Release; Considers Signing To Maybach Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMX Plans Album, Reality Show After Jail Release; Considers Signing To Maybach Music

DMX was sentenced to a year in jail last December for a probation violation, but is scheduled for release in July if all goes well. And ... he already has plans that he'll put into motion upon his release.

First thing the rapper says is, he plans to drop a brand new album this summer, which will be his first in four years.

Details regarding the project were unknown at press time, but he says "Things will be different this time."

Aside from music, the 40-year-old rapper also plans to focus on his family. He wants to reunite with his 10 children and create a relationship with his mother. Part of this process will be via a reality show, giving fans a different view of DMX.

It will be recorded with fiancé Yadira Borrego, who has two children with DMX and plan to in the near future. According to an official press release, the working title of the show is "X-tended Family". So far, it's strictly conceptual.

"He is an amazing father and man. The media has never shown who he really is," said Borrego.

In other X news, the rapper told Vibe.com that he's considering the possibility of becoming the latest addition to Rick Ross' growing label, Maybach Music Group.

X said he got a letter from the label while behind bars.

"Rick Ross' peoples wrote me a letter while I was in here," DMX said. "Yeah like, 'Yo we got a home for you. We'll pick you up in a limo. Just come to Miami. Just come, we got you.'"

While X expressed interest in signing with the upstart imprint -- which boasts a roster with artists such as Wale, Meek Mill, Pill and Teedra Moses -- he expressed concerns about Ross' secret society connections.

"I'm thinking about it. It was a good feeling. I respect him as an artist, and I would like to work with him. But he got the whole Illuminati thing going on," X explained. "I got fans who write me like, 'I'm glad you're not a part of that.' And I don't know what it's really about entirely. So it might be like a good thing."

Right now, the move to MMG is an option he'll weigh, among others that come. The rapper says he wants to "feel people out" before committing.

"I have respect for him and he expressed interest that he wanted to work with me while I was out. So I definitely want do a song with him, but I don't know about the record label thing," DMX revealed. "I would have to see what his camp is like and feel people out. I'm not the average artist."

Source: ballerstatus.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X