50 Cent pressured to make new album that tops his last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent pressured to make new album that tops his last

50 Cent admitted that he recently aborted sessions for his upcoming second solo album simply because he felt the songs didn't meet the standards set by his debut, Get Rich Or Die Tryin.

"I wanted to come out on the 4th of July, so I went back in and made some records," 50 Cent said. "And then I went back to listen to Get Rich Or Die Tryin'. I said, 'I have to top this [album] in my head. I have to make a lot more records in preperation for [a new LP] than I had for Get Rich.'"

"There's pressure on [Dr.]Dre, also," he continued. "He has to produce a better record for me than 'In Da Club.'"

"In three days, I could make a record, 12 songs," he said. "But I have to make an album that tops what my last album was, so it'll take a lot longer."

50 Cent's second solo album is slated to be released in October 2004. That way there will be a non-stop caravan of releases from G-Unit Records. Lloyd Banks, Young Buck and newcomer The Game are all three set to have solo albums released by the end of the summer.

Source: mtv

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X