Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"INSIDE A THUG'S HEART" Tupac gives his fans new insight into his … heart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "INSIDE A THUG'S HEART" Tupac gives his fans new insight into his … heart.

Tupac has been really busy putting out albums year after year since his untimely demise that is often debated. But, for those who believe he is still alive, he's taken the time to assemble some of his letters and poems just for you.

The rapper's newest book release "Inside A Thug's Heart," features exclusive letters and poems written during his incarceration at Rikers Island and Dannemora State Prison.
    The book to be released May 4 and published with the approval of the Shakur estate, captures Tupac's vulnerability at a time when his public persona was at its most controversial.

Author Angela Ardis, an actress, model and screenwriter, sent a letter to the imprisoned rapper in 1995 on a dare from friends and coworkers. She was startled days later to receive an answering machine message: "Hi, Angela. This is Tupac. I got your letter today and I thought I'd call."

According to Ardis, the two would exchange near daily letters, poems and phone calls for the next several months, meeting for the first time when Ardis visited Shakur in prison.

In the poem "If Heaven Has a Ghetto" a track that would later appear on Tupac's posthumous R U Still Down? album, Shakur evaluates the prison experience and its effect on his legacy. In a letter dated March 17, 1995, Shakur writes a brief autobiography, describing his mother's heartbreaking struggle and his own rise to fame. Meanwhile, love poems such as "4 Those Nights When U R Alone" show Shakur's sensitive and emotional side.

Elsewhere, his letters reflect on the 1994 shooting, his arrest and conviction, and his dreams for the future. Ardis's responses in both poetry and prose are also featured here.

Ardis will embark on a national tour to discuss the book in Spring 2004.

Source: eurweb.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X