No announcement yet.

FBI Pursue Leads In B.I.G. Murder Case, LAPD Probing Houston Rap Entrepreneur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI Pursue Leads In B.I.G. Murder Case, LAPD Probing Houston Rap Entrepreneur

According to the Los Angeles Times, the FBI is investigation a 6-year-old theory that former Los Angeles police officer David A. Mack and Suge Knight orchestrated the 1997 murder of Christopher "Notorious B.I.G." Wallace.

The FBI is following leads to determine if Mack, acting on orders from Knight, arranged for a man named Amir Muhammad to ambush the Brooklyn bred rapper in front of the Petersen Automotive Museum on Wilshire Boulevard, after the Soul Train Awards.

"I have stated from the outset that I have nothing whatsoever to do with any of this," Muhammad said in a telephone interview Thursday from his attorney's office. "I've done nothing wrong. I don't have anything to hide."

Knight also denied the allegations, claiming he had never met David Mack or Amir Muhammad.

Investigators are seeking to determine if Knight had both Wallace and Tupac Shakur gunned down. Theories abound, but the most widely circulated is that Knight had Shakur murdered because he was attempting to leave Death Row Records, the label Knight heads up.

He then had Wallace murdered to make it appear both were victims of a "East Coast/West Coast" feud.

Mack was arrested and convicted in December of 1997 of robbing a bank and was sentenced to 14-years in prison. Mack owned a black impala, similar to the one reported at the scene and a witness reported seeing him when Wallace was murdered.

A driver's license photo of Muhammad resembles the police sketch of Wallace's killer, based on witness descriptions. One witness even claims to have seen Muhammad himself outside of the Peterson museum the night of the shooting.

Former LAPD Detective Russell Poole, who advanced the theory, will testify as an expert witness in July during Volletta Wallace's wrongful death lawsuit against the LAPD.

Wallace, the mother of B.I.G., claims that the LAPD covered up the police's involvement in her son's murder.

Court documents show that LAPD detectives are focusing on another theory that involves an unnamed Houston rap entrepreneur.

Police interviewed the unnamed owner of a blue 1996 Bentley that they believe played a role in the shooting. Police traveled to Houston several times since September, interviewing witnesses about potential new suspects.

Police are looking into the unnamed Houston entrepreneur and a friend, who were allegedly near the crime scene on the night of the shooting.

No evidence has been produced linking the man or the Bentley to the shooting.

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X