Rakim Leaves Aftermath Entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rakim Leaves Aftermath Entertainment

Legendary rapper Rakim has split with Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment record label, due to what Rakim's management deemed "creative differences."

"Rakim and Aftermath have mutually decided to part ways," Rakim's manager Zach Katz says. "Rakim is presently in talks with three powerhouse record companies."

Recently at the BET Awards, Rakim presented with Baby from Cash Money Records and boasted that his album would be in stores by the end of the summer on Aftermath.

MTV reported last week that Dre and Rakim had finished 16 songs and were working to finish seven more, before picking a single to release.

"He can bring the best out of me, and I want to make sure that I bring the best out of him," Rakim told MTV of Dre. "He goes in the studio from 3 [p.m. and] goes home 6, 7, 8 in the morning, so to me, that's all right. My man wants to work, so let's get it poppin'."

The legendary rapper had been signed to Aftermath for almost three years and fans have been anticipating the release of Oh My God, despite the constant delays.

Source: allhiphop.com

what a shame...

"Creative differences" my ass, its called Dre, was treating one of the top 3 greatest MCs of all time like shit. How fucking long were we waiting for Rakim's album? And how many times was it pushed back? Dre was putting Rakim on the back burner man, and thats bullshit. Now we might never ever hear this album, and if we do it wont be as good as it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by Modern Arts
      "Creative differences" my ass, its called Dre, was treating one of the top 3 greatest MCs of all time like shit. How fucking long were we waiting for Rakim's album? And how many times was it pushed back? Dre was putting Rakim on the back burner man, and thats bullshit. Now we might never ever hear this album, and if we do it wont be as good as it could be.
      yepppppppp

Comment

I heard...

Well I'm hearing all sorts of things. Some interesting rumors that I have heard is that dre will still assist on the promotion, will let rakim have all 20 tracks they've recorded, and be on the first single called "drauma trauma"

The other rumor I have heard is that it's not all Dre's fault. Jimmy Iovine has the sole power to approve or not approve any album. I head that Jimmy kept shooting down Rakim's work, but like I said that's just a rumor.

Comment

I personaly think Rakim should hook up will Ill Will records. Rakim and Nas over some primo beats would be real smooth...

Comment

Crooked I: Dre wanted Rakim to be more commercial and to try to change his image for certain tracks and that was more creative differences.

Comment

bob no one cares what you say........

Rakim will get his due for waitin.....

Comment

Bob, shut the fuck up. You have no reference what so ever saying that Dre was trying to change Rakim's image. Just shut the fuck up. An Modern, no it ain't Dre's fault for not releasing the album. Dre helps promote and do the recording. He doesn't have all that power to put it out in the world. Like I heard Jimmy Iovine is in charge of that shit. So hold ya mouth before ya start blaming the wrong peeps.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishops
                  Bob, shut the fuck up. You have no reference what so ever saying that Dre was trying to change Rakim's image. Just shut the fuck up. An Modern, no it ain't Dre's fault for not releasing the album. Dre helps promote and do the recording. He doesn't have all that power to put it out in the world. Like I heard Jimmy Iovine is in charge of that shit. So hold ya mouth before ya start blaming the wrong peeps.
                  Actually I read it either in the source, or XXL, so maybe you should close your mouth, better yet open it up cause I have something for it.

By the way this post is over a year old, good looking out Softman and dickops lol

Any way, Rakim has said that Dre and him didn't see eye to eye, so he left, that is fact.

Comment

Actually no. I read in the Source and Ebony magazine that Dre had no word on when the album came out. An yeah, Dre and Rakim may of didn't see eye to eye but that doesn't say that Dre was trying to change Rakim's image. So for once close ya mouth queen and plus.... :you're a

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X