Bill Cosby Attacks Hip-Hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Cosby Attacks Hip-Hop

Bill Cosby continues to address what he perceives as trouble in the African-American community and had some harsh words for Hip-Hop music.

Cosby addressed a college conference in South Carolina and said Hip-Hop music glorified the wrong things.

The 67 year-old said that rap demeans women, embraces profanity and celebrates criminal behavior.

“Our children are glorifying the wrong things,” Cosby told the National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education, an organization that represents over 100 black colleges nationwide.

"It’s a sign when college students who score more than 1,200 on their SAT’s walk around with baggy pants like they do in prison," Cosby said. “These children are telling us something with this behavior. We’re not paying attention. We’re not parenting.”

Cosby urged educators to encourage students to reach out to blacks with broken homes and violent pasts to help them rise above impoverished conditions.

Cosby's comments come as the anniversary of the landmark 1954 decision Brown vs. Board of Education comes in September.

The Brown vs. Board of Education was a milestone because the United States Supreme Court ruled that "separate educational facilities are inherently unequal."

The decision denied the legal basis for segregation in Kansas and 20 other states with segregated classrooms and changed race relations in the United States.

Cosby urged African-American's to not focus events that are transpiring worldwide and to instead focus on what is happening at home.

"Go across the street into the projects," he said. "These are people who need to see another picture, a brighter picture."

Source: allhiphop.com

Nice picture, Bill......

Look how Bill use to dress. This don't even make sense compared to our black culture wear. http://www.franklarosa.com/vinyl/Exhibit.jsp?AlbumID=64

But naw, I ain't hating on Bill. He my *****. So I respect him in every way.

Comment

^^LOL damn Cosby was one of them Orginal Gangstas back in the day lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan McBain
        ^^LOL damn Cosby was one of them Orginal Gangstas back in the day lol
        An to think....... I thought Cosby was an overall nice gentlemen........Naw, I'm playing..... But hell with the stuff he has done for black culture. U jus gotta love this man...... Cosby & Richard Pryor are the best of our time.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X