Method & Red Put On 'Long Hiatus'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Method & Red Put On 'Long Hiatus'

According to Method Man, “Method & Red,” the comedy sitcom the duo produced for Fox may be canceled.

"The show is done. It's on the long hiatus," Method Man told The New York Post yesterday. "They're like: 'don't call us, we'll call you.'"

Method Man said the show wasn’t actually finished, but was being put on a “long hiatus.”

The show, which opened to high ratings and amassed a loyal younger viewing audience, stopped taping last month, while Method Man, Redman and company attempted to gain more creative control over the sitcom.

“Creatively they are on a different page than the network,” an executive who wished to remain anonymous told AllHipHop.com in August. “This isn't Meth and Red's brand, this is some other stuff. They want more creative input over the direction the show is taking.”

A spokesman for the group told The Post that the show was not officially canceled and that they were gauging how well three new episodes are performing.

“That'll determine the future of the show,” the spokesman said.

"The way they formatted the show and what they wanted to do with it — I give Fox credit for trying to please us as well as their audience but it just didn't work out right," Method Man continued. “I think it's for the better that we take this long hiatus so everybody can re-evaluate what they want to do."

Source: allhiphop.com

I didn't like the show any ways...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X