Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch Eminem Create His New Album in the Studio! It Could Be You...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Eminem Create His New Album in the Studio! It Could Be You...

When Shady Records releases Obie Trice's debut album, Cheers, on September 23, three lucky fans will win a "Wonka-esque" prize of a lifetime. Three "Golden Tickets" will be inserted into three random pressings of the first 500,000 copies of the CD. The recipients will win an all expense paid trip to Detroit, where they will get to hang in the studio with Eminem while he records his new album.

Eminem, who is notorious for his closed recording sessions and carefully guarded music and lyrics, commented: "We were working on this album and trying to come up with the craziest idea possible to help promote it. Obie said 'Let the fans meet you, that's what they want.' So we came up with this contest, and hopefully it will make everyone know the album is out."

"Everybody's always doing the same shit with their records," says Obie Trice. "'Buy my album, get a DVD, get a free poster, get a piece of my toilet seat' ... fuck all that shit. We wanted to come with the hottest, 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' type shit for a contest. When I was a kid I would have given a nut to win something like this."

Obie Trice, who has just finished a summer performing with Jay-Z and 50 Cent on the "Rock The Mic" tour, was immediately signed to Shady Records after Eminem heard him freestyle through his car window. He has appeared on such standout tracks as "Drips" on 2002's The Eminem Show, and "Love Me," off last year's 8 Mile soundtrack. The first single and video from Cheers is "Got Some Teeth," which was recently added to MTV's rotation.

That's pretty smart but I doubt Obi needs any help to sell his album. From what I've heard this album is gonna be tight.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X