Outkast Dominate AMA's, Kanye West Says He Was Robbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outkast Dominate AMA's, Kanye West Says He Was Robbed

Outkast took home three American Music Awards last night (November 14th), topped only by Usher, who snagged four awards. The rappers took home awards for Favorite Pop/Rock Band and Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop album for their double CD Speakerboxxx/The Love Below.

They also won Best Rap/Hip-Hop group.

During their acceptance speech, group member Big Boi paid homage to Ol’ Dirty Bastard, who collapsed and died suddenly on Saturday (November 13th). (Click here for that story)

“Rest in peace Ol’ Dirty Bastard,” Big Boi said. We love you.”

Snoop Dogg and Neptunes producer Pharrell Williams performed during the evening. Williams called Ol’ Dirty Bastard’s death a shame and said that the Hip-Hop community should stick together.

Roc-A-Fella CEO Jay-Z won the Favorite Male Artist in the Rap/Hip-Hop category.

Jay-Z’s artist, Kanye West was unhappy about the night’s proceedings.

He was nominated in three categories and was shut out of them all, including best new artist, which went to country singer Gretchen Wilson.

"I feel I was definitely robbed, I was the best new artist this year," West said. "I don't know if I'll be back at this award show next year."

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X