Stevie Wonder Has Harsh Words For Eminem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevie Wonder Has Harsh Words For Eminem

Legendary singer Stevie Wonder recently criticized Eminem's spoof of pop icon Michael Jackson in the "Just Lose It" music video, which has come under fire of late. "Kicking someone when he's down is not a good thing," Wonder reportedly told Billboard magazine. "I have much respect for his work, though I don't think he's as good as Tupac [Shakur]. But I was disappointed that he would let himself go to such a level."

Michael Jackson has publicly scorned Eminem for the music video, which ridicules Jackson's current child molestation charges.

The video features Eminem impersonating Jackson as children jump up and down around him on a bed, while Eminem raps, "I done touched on everything, but little boys / Now, that's not a stab at Michael / That's just a metaphor / I'm just psycho."

The video was pulled from BET network's music programs, but not before viewers vilified Eminem's portrayal of Jackson.

Wonder, reportedly calling Eminem a hypocrite, told Billboard magazine that much of Eminem's success has been due to support from African-Americans and underprivileged groups.

"He has succeeded on the backs of people predominantly in that lower pay bracket, people of color," Wonder said. "So for him to come out like that is bull."

The single, "Just Lose It," off Eminem's latest album Encore, is also reportedly in the running for a Grammy Award nomination, to be announced Tuesday (Dec. 7).

Source: allhiphop.com

Originally posted by Walter Cronkite
    Legendary singer Stevie Wonder recently criticized Eminem's spoof of pop icon Michael Jackson in the "Just Lose It" music video, which has come under fire of late. "Kicking someone when he's down is not a good thing," Wonder reportedly told Billboard magazine. "I have much respect for his work, though I don't think he's as good as Tupac [Shakur]. But I was disappointed that he would let himself go to such a level."

Michael Jackson has publicly scorned Eminem for the music video, which ridicules Jackson's current child molestation charges.

The video features Eminem impersonating Jackson as children jump up and down around him on a bed, while Eminem raps, "I done touched on everything, but little boys / Now, that's not a stab at Michael / That's just a metaphor / I'm just psycho."

The video was pulled from BET network's music programs, but not before viewers vilified Eminem's portrayal of Jackson.

Wonder, reportedly calling Eminem a hypocrite, told Billboard magazine that much of Eminem's success has been due to support from African-Americans and underprivileged groups.

"He has succeeded on the backs of people predominantly in that lower pay bracket, people of color," Wonder said. "So for him to come out like that is bull."

The single, "Just Lose It," off Eminem's latest album Encore, is also reportedly in the running for a Grammy Award nomination, to be announced Tuesday (Dec. 7).

Source: allhiphop.com

stevie can eat a dick. how did he SEE the video anyway?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X