Carmelo Anthony Under Fire For DVD Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmelo Anthony Under Fire For DVD Comments

Denver Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony, who recently released his "Carmelo 1.5 Mixtape," has come under heat for appearing in a DVD titled "Stop
    Snitching," which allegedly features rappers threatening people who divulge illegal activity to police.

U.S. Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) of the 7th District, which includes Anthony's old Baltimore, Maryland neighborhood and the neighborhood where the DVD was shot, requested that Anthony "take immediate action to formally condemn any association by its players with activities that promote the illegal drug trade," the Baltimore Sun reported.

Anthony has repeatedly discounted the negative criticism of the DVD.

"I'm just on there," Anthony told the Baltimore Sun. "I understand that everybody is on there talking about killing and doing this and that, but it's not like I'm on there with guns. I was back on my block, chillin.' I was going back to show love to everybody, thinking it was just going to be on the little DVD, that it was just one of my homeboy's recording."

Anthony appears in about six minutes of the DVD, shot in September when Anthony was visiting his old neighborhood.

The Nuggets Forward is shown joking about Detroit Pistons Head Coach Larry Brown, who also coached the Olympic basketball team Anthony was apart of. Brown frequently benched the basketball star during the Olympic Games. "We gon' lynch his ass if he ever come here," one man said in the video.

A couple of rappers, Black and Tony O, freestyle in the DVD, and Anthony at one point retorts in a battle with Black, that he might "put some
    money on his mother [expletive] brains." In another situation, Tony O freestyles about a snitch.

"Carmelo has never denied the fact that he comes from a tough neighborhood," Anthony's agent Calvin Andrews said in a statement. "He does not condone some of the things that happen there and has worked very hard to rise above that difficult environment," Andrews said.

Anthony was also involved in a conflict last month at a New York bar, after someone allegedly spat a drink in the face of his girlfriend, MTV host La La Vasquez.

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X