Hot 97's DJ Funk Master Flex Not Playing 50 Cent's Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot 97's DJ Funk Master Flex Not Playing 50 Cent's Record

On Tuesday night (December 21), 50 Cent stopped off at New York City's Hot 97 radio station to rap a bit with famed DJ, Funk Master Flex. During his time with Flex, 50 talked about everything from his new album The Valentine's Day Massacre, the brief situation with a Nigerian rapper on an airplane (click link for 50 Cent Involved In Scuffle At Airport In Nigeria story), the love he has for cars and his overall bewilderment over Fat Joe and Jadakiss’ alignment with his rival Ja Rule for the "New York" record/video. Furthermore, 50 seemed to be confused at how Jadakiss could make a record with Ja Rule, even though Jada's label partner DMX had problems with Ja in the past and the fact that Fat Joe was blatantly supporting Ja Rule's last album (which predominantly attacked 50), Blood In My Eye.

In addition, the G-Unit leader presented Flex with an exclusive record entitled "Piggyback," in which 50 addresses some famous MCs. Consequently, after 50 left Hot 97's studios, Flex repeatedly told listeners, "I have a new 50 record that I'm going to play in a while." An hour passed by and fans still didn't hear Flex blast off the record. But yet Flex kept promising it.

Then another hour passed and still no record played. As fans scrambled to the phone lines to request the record, Flex finally told listeners - with only minutes remaining before the close of his show - that he was not going to play 50's record, as he had a change of heart.

Obviously fans that were craving the record were left to wonder why Flex left them hanging. And well, they received their answer Wednesday night (December 22), as Flex told listeners that it was a personal decision on his part not to play the record. He said if he says he wants non-violence in hip-hop, then he has to practice what he preaches and 50's track was the kind of record that can start some things. Flex closed the situation by saying, "I'm never going to play this record."

For your information though, here's what's known about 50's "Piggyback" cut: The record mentions Fat Joe, Jadakiss and get this... Kelis. That's right, 50 told Flex that a reference is made to Kelis essentially because she is guilty by association. That stems from the verbal jab that Nas (Kelis's fiancé) threw at 50 during the intro of his Central Park concert in NYC this past summer. Furthermore, we do know that 50 is currently debating whether or not to add this record to his album.

However, just by the preliminary noise and the fact that Flex decided not to spin this record because of its possible potential, if this cut does indeed make the album, there are bound to be words exchanged between some hip-hop heavyweights. What happens next with this record remains to be seen.

Source: ballerstatus.net

50 will get killed lyricaly by NaS if he drops this record. Its not wise to diss his fiance. I guess NaS will have to put 50 in his place. Just like NaS put Jay-Z in his.

Comment

Get off Nas' nuts. 50 can get so much shit on Nas that it wouldn't matter. Why you think Nas said he wouldn't reply to anything 50 would say on his track diss. Cuz he know he'd get kill't. An plus none of these *****z can see my boi "Banks". Lloyd Banks would kill any industry ***** who step out there.
      Last edited by Bishops; 12-23-2004, 5:11 PM.

Comment

Bishops, get 50 cent's and Banks' cum off ya lip. NaS is trying to stay away from beef. Do you remember what happened to Jay-Z? Nas has the game on lock right now. Pick up his latest album. Nobody on GGGGay unit can fuck with that.

Comment

Get ya mouth off of Nas' and realize that Banks or 50 would smash ya boy. An Nas' latest CD was horrible. The ***** only sold out over in the UK. Thats got to be saying something....hhhmmm..... someone obviously fell off. But like I said fuck trash talkin' dawg. See me, *****. I'll show you who a bitch is...... face me in a battle bitch.

Comment

I'd have to agree with Sod, Nas would kill 50. Don't get me wrong 50 has some pretty dope tracks but overall when it comes down to it (verbally) Nas would take it. That's just my opinion.

Comment

Lykin, I don't blame you on your opinion. Cuz I respect that but when a pussy like Sod talks shit then he needs to back it up. I'm just try'na piss em' off so he will face me in a battle. But naw everyone has their opinions and thats good. But Sodomy like I said fuck all this lame ass arguing shit and see me in the BattleGrounds *****.

You think you hot cuz you beat Veritaz & Harmon's first verse. But since you think u all that see me then.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishops
                Lykin, I don't blame you on your opinion. Cuz I respect that but when a pussy like Sod talks shit then he needs to back it up. I'm just try'na piss em' off so he will face me in a battle. But naw everyone has their opinions and thats good. But Sodomy like I said fuck all this lame ass arguing shit and see me in the BattleGrounds *****.

You think you hot cuz you beat Veritaz & Harmon's first verse. But since you think u all that see me then.
                Bishops get off my dick. This is about Nas vs 50 cent, not about you getting on my nuts. You're not on my level. Probably because you're always on your knees sucking dick.

And like I said Nas has the game on lock. 50 better watch himself.

Comment

Damn, I should of known you'd be all talk no spit. Man, when you take that dick out ya ass and start putting bass in ya voice... holla at me when you want to be talk to as a man. Cuz you bitchin', you try'na avoid a battle-N-shit. Man, I ain't even gonna respond to your trash talkin' unless it's bout you facing me 1 on 1. Get at Me, BITCH!

Comment

Nas would kill 50, that's without a doubt. It's 50's camp that would test Nas, but it would be interesting as fuck to hear.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X