Benzino Says Eminem "Never Wanted To Squash The Beef"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benzino Says Eminem "Never Wanted To Squash The Beef"

The long-running feud between Source owner Ray "Benzino" Scott and rap superstar Eminem doesn't seem to be coming to an end anytime soon - at least in Benzino's eyes.

With the release of Eminem's latest single "Like Toy Soldiers," it seemed as though the beef may come to an end. The song's lyrics show an Eminem trying to send the message that he is tired of all the beef going on and maybe even willing to set aside differences to bring it to an end. But Benzino doesn't see it that way and isn't buying into Em's plea.

In a recent interview with MTV News, Benzino spoke on the current situation and believes that Eminem never wanted to squash the beef.

"These guys are all about spin," Benzino told MTV on Tuesday (January 4). "He never wanted to squash the beef. He said in another publication that he would never sit down with me. If he did want to come forth and address these issues, that would be a great thing because of his influence. But he's never had the desire to sit down with me."

Instead of staying quiet, Benzino has recorded and shot a video in response to Eminem's "Like Toy Soldiers" called "Look Into My Eyes." At the end of Em's video, it depicts the fictional murder of D12 member Proof. And according to MT, "Look Into My Eyes" opens with an Eminem look-alike calling a character named Jimmy (presumably a reference to Interscope Records honcho Jimmy Iovine) from the hospital to tell him that he wants to get out of the business because he's been scared by Proof's death.

"The guy that shoots Proof in ['Like Toy Soldiers'] is supposed to be me," says Benzino. "What he's so afraid of happening in that video happens in the 'hood every day. I have lost three friends — one of them died in my arms — like that. 'Look Into My Eyes' addresses all of that. He's never gone through what we've been through in the 'hood."

"Look Into My Eyes" is first glimpse from the rapper's forthcoming LP, Archnemisis, which is slated for release on February 22.

Source: ballerstatus.net

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X