No announcement yet.

Tego Calderon Opposes P. Diddy’s, Sean John Deal In Light Of Sweatshop Scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tego Calderon Opposes P. Diddy’s, Sean John Deal In Light Of Sweatshop Scandal

After largely contributing to the burgeoning buzz of the reggaerton movement over the past year, Latin star Tego Calderon recently vetoed P. Diddy’s offer to model for his Sean John Spring Collection, in light of the company’s alleged use of sweatshop labor in Central America.

Under the conditions of the deal, Calderon was scheduled to appear in several ads across the country including a large billboard posted in Times Square.

But according to Tego, he felt disrespected by the company’s reputation and the offer in its entirety.

“I heard about the human rights violations in his [P. Diddy] clothing factories in Central America, but frankly there was more," Calderon confessed to the New York Post. "Me faltó el respeto, [he dissed me] with his offer. I just did a $75,000 commercial in Puerto Rico with Nydia Caro. Someone like Puffy could have offered more than $2,000 — but again, it wasn't about the money. I was not persuadable. It was about the principle."

After his passing on the offer, Caldreon was shocked to see that fellow Reggaeton artists - most notably Daddy Yankee - weren’t as reluctant to oppose to the deal.

“It's the principle. I don't think he [P.Diddy] knows what I am about. What hurts me the most is that my colleagues accepted the offer thinking that it was a great opportunity. This was about respecting us, and what we do," Calderon exclaimed. "Forgive me, but I don't need Time Square, I don't need a billboard. I am not trying to conquer white Middle America. I already won the hearts and respect of those I wanted to win — mi gente Latina, my people, the street, my black brothers and sisters.”

In response to the allegations, P.Diddy revealed in a statement that his company has never violated any human and/or worker’s rights since its launch in 1999.

“Sean John has long had very strict policies with which all of its vendors are required to comply. Our compliance team inspects and certifies all of our factories around the globe. We have absolutely zero tolerance for non-compliance with our policies.”

After appearing on several cuts from N.O.R.E and fat Joe, Calderon is currently seeking US distribution for his yet-to-be titled CD.

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X