Rap City Debuts Today With New Host Mad Linx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rap City Debuts Today With New Host Mad Linx

Today begins a new "Rap City" on BET where Hip-Hop has finally left the basement and will now reside in a brand new, modern set.

Along with the set, Mad Linx will replace Big Tigger as the host of the highly rated show, starting today.

"It's a brand new set, a brand new look," Linx told AllHipHop.com. "We're going to be bringing the hottest in Hip-Hop. It's completely sexy. BET put their foot in it."

While Tigger's era in the "Bassment" was more in tune with Hip-Hop's earlier years, Linx said the new set reflects the diversity of the rap nation.

"I can't speak for what the network was going for, but as a whole our generation has gotten older. Some of our hottest artists are in their 30's," he said. "This [set] represents that."

Another change will be the absence of freestyles with the artists."That was Tigger's lane and I'm going to stay in my lane. I would completely embarrass myself, but he did that very well," he said.

Linx has other skills aside from rapping. Residents of Tampa, Florida might be familiar with the Queens-born host, because he's also an on-air personality on radio station WLLB Wild 98.7 in the region.

In addition, he is a video DJ for EA Sports video game monolith.

Through it all, Linx said he felt fortunate to help a new era in "Rap City," which is the longest running Hip-Hop related TV show.

"Everything that's going on with me is definitely a blessing," he concluded.

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X