The Game accused of stealing song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Game accused of stealing song

Two weeks after the release of The Game's chart topping debut, upstart Atlantic City rapper Q45 has released a diss track accusing Chuck Taylor of jacking his concept for The Documentary's title track.

According to Q45, a mutual friend introduced him to Game in Los Angeles in late August 2004. The two then had a lengthy listening session in which they both played their respective material. Months after the encounter, Q alleges that Game lifted his concept on The Documentary's title song.

"We out there in L.A. me and my ***** Game. We chilling. I put my shit in the car, bang my shit. The ***** was feeling it. The ***** thought it was crazy. I'm happy thinking it's a good look. He played his shit then he asked me to play my shit again. I started playing my shit, but he only wanted to hear that particular song so I played that shit. We ended up listening to it two more times. Then we started talking," Q told SOHH.com via phone from Atlantic City, New Jersey. "I thought everything was cool, parted ways thinking I'm a hook up with this *****. I'm thinking we gon do some songs together when I come back to L.A. Next thing you know, I go get the album [The Documentary]. I'm listening to the shit and I hear my shit on it."

Frustrated with the alleged theft, the Atlantic City rapper just released a Game diss song over Eminem's "Toy Soldiers." In addition to lashing out at Game, the freestyle features snippets of both songs for listeners to compare. On "Billions," Q45 crafts a rhyme by using classic album titles from Foxy Brown, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Tupac Shakur, Fat Joe, Ja Rule, Jay-Z and many more.

"I'm a find a chick that's 'bout it / hit the Ill Na Na Doggystyle and roll up on The Chronic / 'cause All Eyez On Me I'm the Don Cartegena / Venni Vetti Vecci / it's a Hard Knock Vita..." Q offers on "Billions."

Meanwhile, the chorus off The Documentary's title cut features Game employing a similar concept by orderly referring classic work by The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Tupac and Nas.

"I'm Ready to Die without a Reasonable Doubt; smoke Chronic and hit it Doggystyle before I go out / Until they sign my Death Certificate All Eyez on Me / I'm still at it; Illmatic and that's 'The Documentary," Game spits on the hook.

While emcees sometimes birth similar rhymes and concepts, Q asserts that the Compton rapper lifted his idea following their listening session.

"When I was in L.A, I would say some sh!t and he [Game] be like, 'yo I said that same shit, but I said it like this.' So he heard my whole song, the whole concept and not once did the ***** say, 'I got a song just like that," Q revealed to SOHH.com. "And when he let me hear the shit from his album he didn't have that song. That sh!t definitely was new. Then the *****s used the same albums, the same context."

The AC rhyme slinger assures he's in the process of taking legal action against Game. Still, he doesn't seem opposed to alternate ways of resolving the conflict.

"He [Game] know cause my man let me know," Q said regarding the Game's alleged guilt. "He know when he see me, we might as well start scrapping."

Source: SOHH.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X