Prosecutors Call Lil Kim A Liar, Say She Cheated IRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prosecutors Call Lil Kim A Liar, Say She Cheated IRS

In an attempt to paint Kimberly "Lil Kim" Jones as a "liar who believes she is above the law," prosecutors recently unveiled the rapper's poor tax record during her perjury trial.

Through Kim's charges aren't related to taxes, US Attorney Cathy Seibel shared that her contradictory statements are relevant to the perjury charges regarding the 2001 Hot 97 shooting.

In court, Seibel revealed that Kim built up tax debts nearing $1 million and that she signed a 1994 document stating that her monthly expenses stood at $37,000 when her income was only $30,000. When asked whether she was able to manager her finances, Kim replied, "Yeah, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't."

Seibel also said that the Queen Bee purchased a new home for over $2 million in 2002 while she still owed $300,000 in unpaid taxes. Seibel presented a mortgage application signed by Kim, which did not reveal her unpaid taxes as evidence. Kim shared that her accountant and business manager handled her finances and paperwork.

"I go by whatever they tell me to do... This is how I delegate my business. They tell me everything is fine...I move on with my life," Kim said in court.

Seibel also questioned Kim on her previous testimony that she owned $500,000 worth of jewelry, although she told the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that she only owned $49,000 worth of jewelry. In her defense, Kim said she most likely signed the document without reading it.

"I'm not going to lie about this. I have nothing to hide, you can call my accountant," Kim offered.

Despite the overwhelming evidence and incriminating testimonies, Kim remains confident that she will be found innocent. She recently thanked her fans through an official statement posted on her www.lilkim.com website.

"I have confidence in our legal system and look forward to justice in my case. I would like to thank my amazing and loving fans for the overwhelming number of letters, e-mails, phone calls and expressions of support. It is very much appreciated, welcoming and gratifying during my time in need," Kim wrote in message.

Source: sohh

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X