Ja Rule Meets With Minister Louis Farrakhan, 50 Cent Next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ja Rule Meets With Minister Louis Farrakhan, 50 Cent Next

Rapper Ja Rule had dialog with the Minister Louis Farrakhan on The Nation of Islam's farm on Thursday.

The contents of their conversation will simultaneously be broadcast on 85 urban Clear Channel stations across the country.

Sources told AllHipHop.com that the purpose of the meeting between Ja-Rule and Farrakhan is to mediate tension between the two men and encourage peace between their respective camps.

Big Tigga was originally requested to do the interview, but sources said that Farrakhan was chosen at the request of Irv Gotti.

Farrakhan spoke with 50 Cent on Thursday as well and will meet with him one on one in the coming weeks. Farrakhan will also meet with Irv Gotti and Chris Lighty, who manages 50 Cent.

"The reeducation of the public, which is the duty of all in leadership, will cause us to make demands on our artists, their managers, promoters and the owners of the recording, movie and television industries so that the public will be fed a better diet spiritually and mentally, as well as musically and artistically," Farrakhan said of the rap industry in January.

This is not the first time that Farrakhan, leader of the Nation Of Islam, has met with feuding rappers. Shortly after the murders of Tupac Shakur and The Notorious B.I.G., the Minister met with various artists, attempting to broker peace.

source: allhiphop.com

UPDATE: 50 Cent Says He Will Not Meet With Minister Farrakhan

Rapper 50 Cent said he will not meet with The Nation Of Islam's Minister Louis Farrakhan, despite an offering by the spiritual leader to mediate tensions between Ja Rule, 50, Murder Inc. and G-Unit.

"As far as me meeting with Farrakhan...it's not happening," 50 told Washington D.C.'s 93.9 WKYS. "I respect [Farrakhan] and all that but it ain't going down. Ja put himself in the position he's in and he's doing whatever he can for publicity."

Ja Rule met with Minister Farrakhan last Thursday on a farm owned by The Nation Of Islam. Sources told AllHipHop.com that the meeting took place at the urging of Murder Inc. CEO Irv Gotti.

The contents of their conversation was taped and is scheduled to run on 85 Clear Channel radio stations across the country on November 4th, the same day that Ja Rule's latest album, Blood In My Eye is released to retail stores.

The interview will reach over 40 million listeners.

50 took a swipe at "Clap Back," Ja Rule's latest release in a series of verbal shots the men have been taking at each other.

"As far as 'Clap Back,' the beat's ok, but there's no clappin going on there. You can't even understand his vocals."

50 and the G-Unit did enjoy an on-air rhyme session with D.C.'s hot export Blyss.

source: allhiphop.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X