Shooting at Nas Concert in the United Kingdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting at Nas Concert in the United Kingdom

A UK show by Nas was halted by gunfire when someone fired a gun during a concert the rapper was holding inside the London Brixton Academy.

The shooting occurred 25 minutes into the rapper's performance, prompting a scramble for the doors.

Sources with Nas said the rapper was not harmed during the incident, which allegedly took police officers over 30 minutes to respond to.

As of press time, no injuries were reported. The UK Guardian reported that shortly before the shooting, Nas told the crowd the atmosphere reminded him of New York.

"Halfway through his set, it sounded like 3 shots were let off," an eyewitness on the side of the stage told reporters. "I was at the side of the stage. I doubt anyone was trying to shoot Nas, but you're in Brixton, the heart of London's biggest ghetto. There's too many guns on the streets out here."

It is believed a man jumped up on stage and fired a weapon towards the crowd during the show, which was the finale of a UK promotional tour.

A police spokeswoman said on Monday: "We were called at 9.56pm this evening to Brixton Academy following reports of shots being fired inside the venue and people running away.

Nas is touring the UK to promote his double A-side single Just A Moment and No One Else In The Room.

The United Kingdom has been plagued by a rise in gun culture.

Last week, gun control activists in the UK lashed out at 50 Cent and Reebok, over references to guns and violence in the "I Am What I Am" advertising campaign.

Source: BBC & allhiphop.com

Didn't DJ Quick have a song about shit like this? "Just Like Compton" Damn I guess the UK is just like New York.

Comment

Yeah. I hear the violence is up in england.

Comment

Of course there's violence in England, what the hell are cops supposed to do. Their police officers aren't even allowed to have guns. That's why it took 30 mins for them to show up, what are they gonna do to someone who has a gun, bum rush him til he's out of bullets?

Comment

According to other sources, after being dragged off stage Nas forcibly got back on to the academys stage and jumped into the crowd trying to find out what happened, spraining his ankle in the process. He then clambered back onto the stage shouting "No motherfucker's going to stop my show". He then went on to to do a few more songs until eventually the police showed up and shut down the show.

Comment

^^^Damn NaS is gangsta

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X