ODB Album Dropping 6/21/05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODB Album Dropping 6/21/05

Before Ol' Dirty Bastard sadly passed away, he managed to finish his next album, which has been titled A Son Unique. The thirteen track album which is a joint project between the newly formed Damon Dash Music Group (DDMG) and the RZA's Wu Tang Record's, is scheduled for release on the 21st of June.

A Son Unique contains ODB's signature 'off key wailing' and bizarre lyrics. The opening track, titled "Lift Ya Skirt" which is produced by Mark Ronson and featuring Missy Elliot plays host to mesmerising piano loops and a throbbing bass line.

The album contains a impressive guest appearance list with the likes of, N.O.R.E, Ghostface, Raekwon and Method Man all dropping verses. Neptunes star Pharrell and Joe Budden are also featured on the album. The first single "Intoxicated" has already been serviced to U.S. radio outlets.

On the production side, RZA handled four tracks, with the likes of DJ Premier, the Neptunes, Damon Elliot, Boola, Soul Diggaz and Dame Grease also contributing.

While Dash has admitted he was initially apprehensive about releasing the album following ODB's untimely death, he said he was very pleased with the outcome. But he expressed displeasure with the legal battle that has ensued between the rapper's mother and his widow, Icelene Jones.

The dispute became a little too close for comfort last night, as Dash was met in the lobby of the label's offices by Icelene, her children and her lawyer. Visibly shaken by the encounter, Dash insisted his decision to press on with the release of A Son Unique was not driven by a desire to exploit the family or the legacy of ODB.

The tracklisting for A Son Unique is as follows:

01. "Lift Ya Skirt" featuring Missy Elliott
    02. "Pop Shots" featuring Lil' Fame
    03. "Operator" featuring the Clipse and Pharrell
    04. "Back in the Air" featuring Ghostface
    05. "Work for Me" featuring Young Chris
    06. "ODB Don't Go Breaking My Heart" featuring Missy Elliott
    07. "Stomp" featuring RZA
    08. "How Ya Feelin"
    09. "Intoxicated" featuring Raekwon, Method Man, Macy Gray
    10. "Dirty & Grimey" featuring N.O.R.E.
    11. "Danger Zone" featuring Joe Budden
    12. "Skrilla" featuring RZA
    13. "Don't Hurt Me Dirty"

Source: rapnews

alright i feel bad that guy died an all

But im sorry he cant rap worth shit...only reason peeps remember him is cause of Wu-Tang and his distinguishable down-syndrome style of rap

Comment

Originally posted by Harmon
      alright i feel bad that guy died an all

But im sorry he cant rap worth shit...only reason peeps remember him is cause of Wu-Tang and his distinguishable down-syndrome style of rap
      I agree

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X