Game Hit With Assault Charges, $280 Million Dollar Lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Hit With Assault Charges, $280 Million Dollar Lawsuit

Multi-platinum rapper Game has been hit with assault charges as well as a $280 million dollar civil lawsuit, stemming from an incident at a Maryland radio station in January.

Prosecutors in Prince Georges County, Maryland have formally filed assault and battery charges against Game, born, Jaceyon Taylor, after the rapper allegedly assaulted radio host Kwasi “DJ Zxulu" Jones formerly of 93.9 WKYS-FM in Washington, D.C. on January 21st, 2005.

“The story that’s leaking out there is pretty much true,” Jones told AllHipHop.com in March of 2005. “I was hospitalized with multiple injuries.”

According to reports, Jones apparently made a joke about Game’s manager Jimmy “Henchmen” Rosemond’s earpiece attachment he was wearing for his cell phone.

Jones’ lawsuit alleges a group of 20 men accosted him and assaulted him in the radio station.

G-Unit, Shady Records and Aftermath Entertainment are named in the lawsuit as well, since Game is an artist on 50 Cent’s label, which is distributed by companies owned by Eminem and Dr. Dre.

Jones claims the record labels were negligent for issuing a remix to "Hate It or Leave It," which originally appeared on The Game's album The Documentary.

On the remix to “Hate It or Leave It” featuring 50 Cent Game rapped: “I’m rap’s MVP/Don’t make me remind y’all what happened in D.C.”

"This is my public apology,” Game told BET when the video premiered on BET. “To all the people at Radio 1, I'm being sincere; we're sorry about what happened in D.C. It'll never happen again."

In response to the assault, Jones confirmed reports that a ban on Game’s Records was issued by WKYS’ owner Radio 1, but was later lifted.

Jones alleges assault and battery, emotional distress and negligence.

Representatives for Game had no comment.

Source: allhiphop.com

280 million bucks!!?!?!??! God damn. This DJ is trying to get paid.

Comment

Suing people for crazy amounts of money is the new American past time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodomy
        Suing people for crazy amounts of money is the new American past time.

agreed

Comment

If this guy really got beat down he'll get some money. But he wont get any where near the amount that he is looking to get.

Comment

yea

Comment

i hope he gets sued for more

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X