Lil' Kim Hit With 100K Lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil' Kim Hit With 100K Lawsuit

Rapper Lil’ Kim has been hit with a $100,000 lawsuit by two men who claim they wrote portions of her La Bella Mafia album but were never compensated. Songwriters Anthony Jefferies and Vincent Hart allege they helped write the songs “Can You Hear Me Now?” “Hold It Now” and Kim’s hits single “The Jump Off.”

The two song writers claim that they were promised $15,000 each, but that money never materialized. The two claim they received jewels valued at $10,000, but later, they were forced to return the jewels “under a threat of physical violence.”

The pair is suing for breach of contract, unjust enrichment and various civil-rights violations.

Lil’ Kim is facing up to 20 years in prison, after she was convicted in March of perjury and conspiracy charges for lying to a federal grand jury about her knowledge of a broad day light shootout in front of New York’s Hot 97.

Kim recently released a statement on her website asking fans to email the judge requesting leniency when she is sentenced on June 24.

"I would like to thank my amazing and loving fans for the overwhelming number of letters, e-mails, phone calls and expressions of support,” Kim stated. “It is very much appreciated, welcoming and gratifying during my time in need."

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X