The Source Founders Reveal :30 Second Racist Eminem Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Source Founders Reveal :30 Second Racist Eminem Clip

The Source Magazine unveiled to a small group of reporters what they labeled a racist clip of Eminem freestyling.

The clip, which seemed to be a portion of an entire song, features a young Eminem circa 1993, rhyming over a beatbox and primitive drum machine.

At a press conference in Manhattan, founders Dave Mays and Raymond "Benzino" Scott continued their assault on the rapper, alleging the tape was insulting to African-American's.

I’ll get straight to the point/Black girls are b*tches, that’s why I’ma tell ya you better pull up your britches/Cause all that cash is making your ass drag from the boyfriend ya ganked and that’s pretty bad/I mean that’s pretty sad when ya dating a Black guyAnd then you turn around a f*ck another big, Black guy now that’s pretty wrong, but you’re just ganking/But that’s okay because you need a godd*mn spanking/From me, the funky Eminem

After the short verse, the clip fades out before the song finishes in its entirety.

At press time, Eminem's representatives could not be reached for comment.

FULL Eminem CLIP
    http://64.23.19.43/eminem-the_source_leak.wma

Source: allhiphop.com

Update

Eminem found himself on the defensive Tuesday (November 18) after The Source magazine owners Ray Benzino and Dave Mays held a press conference to play a recording of the MC delivering racial slurs.

On the first of two tracks purportedly recorded in 1993, an audibly young Slim Shady raps, "All the girls I like to bone have big butts/ No they don't, 'cause I don't like that ****** shit/ I'm just here to make a bigger hit."

The second track featured Eminem rapping about a black girlfriend he broke up with. "Blacks and whites, they sometimes mix/ But black girls only want your money, 'cause they're dumb chicks," he rhymes. Later in the freestyle Em raps, "Never date a black girl, because blacks only want your money/ And that sh-- ain't funny."

The first track was only a few lines long, but the second track went on for several minutes with Em — seemingly rhyming off the top of his head — repeatedly saying he did not like black girls and that they were only out to get money. Both tracks sounded amateurish.

"Don't make this right now a double standard," Benzino said at the press conference. "We gotta treat this the same way you treat Mike Tyson, like you treat Kobe Bryant, like you treat R. Kelly, like you treat O.J. Simpson."

Eminem responded by insisting he isn't racist and explaining that the recording was made when he was young, foolish and angry.

"Ray Benzino, Dave Mays and The Source have had a vendetta against me, Shady Records and our artists for a long time," Eminem said in a statement. "The tape they played today was something I made out of anger, stupidity and frustration when I was a teenager. I'd just broken up with my girlfriend, who was African-American, and I reacted like the angry, stupid kid I was. I hope people will take it for the foolishness that it was, not for what somebody is trying to make it into today."

Eminem, 50 Cent and the rest of the Shady/Aftermath team have had a long-running feud with The Source, fueled by Benzino's accusations that the media operate on a double standard when it comes to the multiplatinum white MC and that an artist of color could never get away with saying some of the things Em says in his music (see "Benzino Ignites Beef By Calling Eminem '2003 Vanilla Ice'").

After their comments, Benzino and Mays refused to entertain questions about the tape and its origins. They did say they plan to include a CD of the Eminem recordings in February's issue, and they promised another press conference concerning Eminem will be held in the future, when they'll answer questions and have civic leaders and members of the hip-hop community on hand.

Source: MTV

Comment

HHSAN Supports Eminem

Russell Simmons' Hip-Hop Summit Action Network (HHSAN) has released a statement revealing its position on controversial lyrics Eminem wrote about African-Americans in a rap recited in 1993.

The tape was released to the media at a press conference in New York City on Wednesday, by Source founder Dave Mays and his partner, Raymond "Benzino" Scott.

On the 10-year-old tape, Eminem raps about an ex-girlfriend, who happened to be African-American and also makes disparaging comments about African-American women in general. In addition, the rapper used the “N-word” as well in a lyric referring to Sir Mix-A-Lot’s “Baby Got Back.”

"These lyrics are disgusting, but the oneness of hip-hop culture has transformed many young people in trailer parks around the country away from their parents¹ old mindset of white supremacy," Russell Simmons said. "We believe Eminem's apology is sincere and forthright. He continues not only to be an icon of hip-hop, but also has evolved into a good soldier who gives back money, time and energy to the community, encouraging this generation of youth to reach their highest aspirations."

This past April, the HHSAN honored Eminem at their Detroit Summit. The Detroit native was granted the National Outstanding Achievement Award for his charity work and hands-on support of youth nationwide.

Dr. Benjamin Chavis, President of HHSAN, said that the race card is often used to divide the hip-hop culture.

"Hip-hop culture transcends race," Chavis noted. "We, therefore, must be careful as to how the race card is played to divide people rather than to encourage unity in the struggle for freedom, justice and equality for all."

The support of Simmons' non-profit organization comes on the heels of Eminem apologizing for the remarks, saying they were made out of anger and frustration.

Mays and Scott said they plan to issue a recording of the CD in each copy of the February issue of The Source.

Eminem has accused the magazine of having a "personal vendetta" against him and the artists associated with him.

The Source has refused to take the raps as “foolishness,” as Eminem put it in a retort. "These are racist remarks by someone who has the ability to influence millions of minds," said editor-in-chief Kim Osorio to New York Newsday.

The tape is the latest in a series of insults hurled at each other, which includes diss records from both sides, The Source printing articles and posters aimed at discrediting Eminem and Eminem smashing his Source Award to pieces this year at Hot 97's Summer Jam concert.

Source: allhiphop.com

Comment

lol that was the bomb freestyle, best shit he ever spit. the source is gay, i watched the source awards for liek 5 minutes and i wanted to put my nuts in a gilatine.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X