Eminem's Weary Of Fame, 'Encore' Is Last Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem's Weary Of Fame, 'Encore' Is Last Album

Eminem, born Marshall Mathers, is reportedly hanging up the microphone.

The Detroit Free Press reported that Mather’s latest album Encore will be his last release. Insiders told the paper that the rapper has been planning on retiring to concentrate on production and other ventures.

Eminem’s manager Paul Rosenberg told the paper that Encore was “certainly the cap on this part of his career” and that decision to retire was held off by the retirement of fellow Hip-Hop superstar, Jay-Z.

“He didn't want to seem like one of those guys who's playing a trick on his fans, or playing with their heads," Rosenberg told The Detroit Free Press. "It's part of the same struggle he goes through in his music -- 'How much of my inner thinking should I be putting out there?'”

Rosenberg also stated he was surprised no one caught on to the possibility of Eminem retiring, due to numerous clues on the Encore album. An insider also stated that Eminem has grown weary of the spotlight and was struggling writing as “Eminem.”

“Em has definitely gotten to the level where he feels like he's accomplished everything he can accomplish in rap," D-12 member Proof added. "He wants to kick back and get into the producing thing."

Insiders said Eminem’s inner-circle of friends knew in advance that Encore would be the best-selling rapper of all time’s last album.

Eminem is not doing interviews this summer and representatives for Eminem did not comment as of press-time.

Source: allhiphop.com

Originally posted by Walter Cronkite
    An insider also stated that Eminem has grown weary of the spotlight and was struggling writing as “Eminem.”
    Gee no shit!!! Have you heard Encore? Shit was garbage.

Comment

good. eminem is a tool.

but just wait and see....when he "produces" an album that will mean him singing/rapping on EVERY god damn track.

Comment

finalyy!!!!wack ass kraker

Comment

Sodomy, I disagree on "Encore" being garbage. I see the album as parody, making fun of pop music in general. What a better way to make fun of something detest than doing it yourself to show people how really stupid the shit sounds? He is a genius in doing what he did.

As to "gono"'s comment, why call me a "cracker"? Shit like that should not be tolerated. That is like calling a Jewish person a "Kike", or black person a "******", or a Hispanic person a "Wet Back". And it should not be tolerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Habit
            Sodomy, I disagree on "Encore" being garbage. I see the album as parody, making fun of pop music in general. What a better way to make fun of something detest than doing it yourself to show people how really stupid the shit sounds? He is a genius in doing what he did.

As to "gono"'s comment, why call me a "cracker"? Shit like that should not be tolerated. That is like calling a Jewish person a "Kike", or black person a "******", or a Hispanic person a "Wet Back". And it should not be tolerated.
            Finally someone posts on here with some common sense. gono is a moron.

And yes Encore wasn't Eminem's best album but the man is a genius. Just think about what he has done. He's just lost the drive to write as good as he use to. You can't be at your best forever.

Comment

Originally posted by gono
              finalyy!!!!wack ass kraker

Comment

Em brought some crazy shit on the Slim Shady Lp and his freestyles were crazy back then. The MMLP was average and his last 2 cds were below average.

I guess he can be considered to be a legend in the sense that he was the most respected white MC, but his catalogue isn't close to a Pac, Nas, or Jay (even Biggie had 2 albums that were next level).

Comment

Originally posted by Flying High
                  Em brought some crazy shit on the Slim Shady Lp and his freestyles were crazy back then. The MMLP was average and his last 2 cds were below average.

I guess he can be considered to be a legend in the sense that he was the most respected white MC, but his catalogue isn't close to a Pac, Nas, or Jay (even Biggie had 2 albums that were next level).

^^^Lost massive respect for those comments. The Marshall Mathers LP was far beyond average, in fact it is a classic and will go down in history. That whole LP from start to finish is a fucking masterpiece!

...Also, Eminem>Nas and Jay-Z...FACT!

Comment

Originally posted by G-man
                    ^^^Lost massive respect for those comments. The Marshall Mathers LP was far beyond average, in fact it is a classic and will go down in history. That whole LP from start to finish is a fucking masterpiece!

Eminem was a fad. He doesn't have the street cred that Biggie Smalls and Tupac do nor does he have the pure mic skills of someone like Rakim and Big Daddy Kane - all legends in the purest sense of the word.

Comment

Originally posted by G-man
                      Do you always respond to old ass threads you fucking moron? Try replying to current news.

Eminem is a trend nothing more nothing less. If he was Black he wouldn't be getting all this attention.

...Also, Me taking a shit > Eminem rapping....FACT!
                      Last edited by Flying High; 11-27-2005, 4:19 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X