Eminem Denies Retirement, Encore "Closes 1st Chapter"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem Denies Retirement, Encore "Closes 1st Chapter"

Only days after gossip spread that Eminem was retiring (click on the link for the Eminem's Weary Of Fame, 'Encore' Is Last Album story), the lyricist dismissed the reports during a recent concert in Washington.

A recent article in the Detroit Free Press stated that Em was set to retire following a concert in Dublin, Ireland on September 17th. Supposedly, last year's Encore was scheduled to be Slim's last release as he readies to focus on production rather than rap. However, Em addressed the retirement rumors during his Anger Management 3 set at Washington's White River Amphitheatre.

"How many of you all read the tabloids? Cause there's some sh!t goin' around that I'm retiring," Em told the crowd.

Slim then noted that the article next to the retirement story was a piece about the moon "to blow up today." He then added, "I'm retiring? then I guess the moon just blew up" before mooning the crowd. Em added that if he ever retired and decided to come back his new stage name would be "Rain Man."

Meanwhile, his publicist, Dennis Dennehy, denied that Eminem had any plans to call it quits.

"Basically MTV made an inference," Dennehy told SOHH.com. "The statement is that 'Encore' is the close of the first chapter of Eminem's career. Beyond that, no decisions have been made."

Source: sohh.com

I knew there was no way in hell eminem was gonna call it quits. There's too much money to be made.

Comment

Oh joy, maybe Eminem can drop another album as bad as Encore.

Comment

lol it never ceases to amaze me, how haters only dwell on the things they can rag on......no song is better than "The Way I Am", period, case closed, he never falls off beat once.......lyrically no one can touch him, maybe Nas, and maybe Jigga, but I doubt it!

Comment

Originally posted by Harmon
          lol it never ceases to amaze me, how haters only dwell on the things they can rag on......no song is better than "The Way I Am", period, case closed, he never falls off beat once.......lyrically no one can touch him, maybe Nas, and maybe Jigga, but I doubt it!
          For those of us born BEFORE 1987 - Rakim, Kool Moe Dee, and Big Daddy Kane ran circles around the three guys you mentioned.

Period. Case closed.
          Last edited by Short Irish Guy; 07-22-2005, 12:44 PM.

Comment

i hate M and M.

he's got more tool than crafstman.

the stupid fucknut

Comment

Originally posted by Short Irish Guy
              For those of us born after 1987 - Rakim, Kool Moe Dee, and Big Daddy Kane ran circles around the three guys you mentioned.

Period. Case closed.
              I kind of agree. Rakim would eat Eminem and Nas alive. And don't forget Kool G Rap either.

All these Eminem dick riders make me laugh. The guy never had a classic album.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real
                I kind of agree. Rakim would eat Eminem and Nas alive. And don't forget Kool G Rap either.

All these Eminem dick riders make me laugh. The guy never had a classic album.
                Shit, I meant BEFORE 1987. Anyway, MNM's shit is more media hype and wigger bullshit than true rap genius. He's just the flavor of the month and he'll be laughed at like Vanilla Ice in a few more years.

Fucking wiggers...

Comment

Originally posted by Short Irish Guy
                  Shit, I meant BEFORE 1987. Anyway, MNM's shit is more media hype and wigger bullshit than true rap genius. He's just the flavor of the month and he'll be laughed at like Vanilla Ice in a few more years.

Fucking wiggers...
                  Eminem is ok, he just gets more love than he deserves because he's white.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodomy
                    Eminem is ok, he just gets more love than he deserves because he's white.
                    Hmmmm that might be true.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X