"Kill Whitey" Parties in NYC Mock Hip-Hop Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Kill Whitey" Parties in NYC Mock Hip-Hop Culture

A group of New York hipsters are generating criticism from countless internet bloggers for holding monthly "kill whitey" parties in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

With Tha Pumpsta aka Jeremy Parker, 25, spinning Miami Bass music during the functions, a group of white kids raunchily dance while often shouting "kill whitey" in hope to "kill the whiteness inside." The fiestas take place on a monthly basis in Williamsburg.

"I'm throwing this party, and it's obvious that I'm white and I'm kind of appropriating this culture but in an ironic way," Tha Pumpsta, who said he admires Martin Luther King, told the Washington Post. "I'm trying to kill the whiteness inside."

Some claim the exclusively all-white parties offer an alternative to the usual Hip-Hop scene. For instance, Bianca Casady, 23, feels that the "kill whitey" parties provide a comfort that she can't find in other Hip-Hop venues. She also thinks other Hip-Hop clubs are "really hardcore" and feels the "kill whitey" parties are "a safe environment to be freaky."

"It's about being nasty, people come to grind on each other," Casady, a Santa Barbara transplant, told the Post. "It's like friends being sexual with each other."

The fact that Tha Pumpsta once promoted racial understanding by printing T-shirts with black and white fingers interlocking seems pointless to many. While the hipsters are arguably poking fun at wiggers or themselves, bloggers have dismissed the "kill whitey" parties attendees as a bunch of privilege white kids who are unconsciously making a mockery of Black culture.

"These ignorant white kids are confused about their own whiteness and anxious about their fascination with black culture," Hashim Warren of Hip-Hop Blogs told SOHH.com. "These 'kill whitey' parties were supposed to be their own in joke, but they probably don't even realize they're grossly flaunting their white privilege."

Source: sohh

Dumb ass wiggers.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X