Kanye Defends His Bush Statement on Ellen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanye Defends His Bush Statement on Ellen

Kanye West will appear on The Ellen Degeneres Show -- his first television appearance since he sparked controversy last week during an NBC hurricane relief telethon by saying "George Bush doesn't care about black people".

Kanye West shocked the world and co-presenter Mike Myers when he went off-the-cuff last week during NBC's hurricane relief telethon, sharply criticizing the president for his failure to respond swiftly to the Katrina crisis. Since then, the Chicago super-producer, who recently graced the cover of TIME, has been keeping a low profile avoiding appearances on various news outlets.

On the Ellen show, Kanye takes time to respond to the media backlash to his comments, saying he simply spoke what he was feeling.

"If I can have the opportunity to talk," Kanye tells Ellen, "I'm like, yo... don't ask me to talk if you don't want me to be sincere."

Kanye's comments have resulted in mixed, although mostly positive, reactions. Some complained the statements were ill-timed and inappropriate. Those, such as Chicago alderman Fredrenna Lynne, strongly disagree.

"The people in my community feel exactly as what you heard by an impassioned Kanye West, that this country has failed us."

The Ellen Degeneres show featuring Kanye West airs Friday, September 9th on NBC and will include a performance of "Gold Digger" by the Chicago MC. Check local listings for specific air times.

Souce: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X