"Common's a Racist beeyatch," Says UK Emcee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Common's a Racist beeyatch," Says UK Emcee

In reaction to Common's recent comments disapproving of interracial dating, several heated UK rappers recorded a response track, where among other terms called the Chicago rapper "a racist beeyatch."

Common, an emcee known for his conscious image, recently revealed to Touch Magazine (The UK's leading urban music publication) that he objected to mixed race relations. He specifically said he opposed black men with dreadlocks dating white women because these men would be "going against what the dreadlocks purpose was."

After reading the interview rappers Rising Son, Yungun, and Doc Brown decided to address the comments rhyming over the beat for Common's "The Corner." All of the emcees come from mixed races and felt personally attacked.

On the track, titled "Dear Common (The Corner Dub)," Rising calls the Chicago emcee "a racist beeyatch." Yungun adds fuel to the fire spitting "I liked your words but it's hard to believe in 'em now/ and I'm a friendly type of guy I want peace to abound/ problem is though, if I ever see you around/ I'ma have to stop Rising from beating you down/ because he wants to slay ya/ show ya how you turn a concious rapper/ into a fully unconscious rapper." He continues saying. "I quote'sellout like a dred and a white girl,' shocking/ I thought that who you date is a personal option/ and who made you think you're the one that could stop them/ You said they sold out, well I guess you got something in common.

Furthermore Rising had this to say about the windy city representative, "he needs to be careful because no matter what his opinions are, he's still got a lot of white fans. He comes over here and does gigs here; most of his fan base here is white. I mean, who was that 'Electric Circus' album aimed at? That wasn't aimed at no one in no ghetto, that wasn't aimed at no black people, that wasn't a black album. If he keeps wanting to use the term sell out, what was that album all about?"

On HipHopGame.com, where the song is posted in its entirety, Hip-Hop heads have posted mixed reviews. One comment reads, "you may think he's being a hypocrite but I say he's being truthful and I can tell for a lot of people the truth hurts."

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X