Foxy Brown Assault Trial Set for December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxy Brown Assault Trial Set for December

Brooklyn rapper Foxy Brown appeared in a NYC Criminal Court Friday (9/23) to address an alleged assault she was charged with last year.

Foxy is being charged with misdemeanor assault, attempted assault, and harassment for an incident that occurred on August 29, 2004 with two manicurists over a bill at Chelsea Bloomie Nails.

The Manhattan DA's office allege Brown kicked and struck one of the manicurists with a cell phone and also punched another one. Brown alleges they refused to allow her to exit the store and blocked the door entrance.

"I'm innocent," Fox said. "I feel like I'm being railroaded."

Brown, whose real name is Inga Marchand, has already turned down two plea deals where she would only have to perform community service. Brown's lawyer Joseph Tacopina advised that she not plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge because it would end up on her criminal record.

Now the Il Na Na faces the possibility of jail time. Judge Martin Murphy set a December 5th trial date for the case.

Tacopina is confident that Fox will be acquitted. He said, "I hope and pray that it isn't because of her celebrity that this case isn't being resolved...I hope it's not because she's a rapper."

After leaving court yesterday, Fox also announced that she will stop performing indefinitely due to an upcoming surgery for a hearing defect. Fox didn't disclose specifics about the impairment, but appeared optimistic.

"It took a lot of courage to come forward," Brown said yesterday, while straining to hear the press' questions. "I read my Web sites every day, and I know everyone's praying for me."

There has been no word on how the case or the hearing defect will affect the release of Foxy's new album for Def Jam, titled Black Rose.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X