College Republicans Protest Kanye Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Republicans Protest Kanye Tour

Kanye West's Touch the Sky tour hit a sour note when it stopped in Gainesville last night.

According to The Gainesville Sun, around 25 students from the University of Florida, members of the College Republicans group, gathered outside Gainsville's O'Connell Center before West's concert to show their support for President George W. Bush.

Some members waved signs. Others shouted, "Down with Kanye."

"We just wanted to come out here and make our presence known," said Matt Dean, 19, executive director for the organization. "You hear a lot of negative things in the press, negative things from Kanye, and we thought this would be an awesome opportunity to come out here, you know, to show that there's a lot of people out there who support the president and support what's going on in the country right now."

Dean said the group took issue with West's live broadcast statement that "George Bush doesn't care about Black people."

"I can give you two clear examples, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, close friends of George W. Bush," Dean said.

The Sun reported that protesters got honks of support from some passing motorists and shouted slurs from others.

Source: sohh.com

A bunch of rich white kids hating on Kanye. Gimmie a break lol

Comment

Kanye doesn't give a shit. The people that are hating on him aren't even rap fans for the most part.

Comment

I guess those Michael P. Keaton wannabes forgot that Powell left the administration after the President wouldn't take his advice regarding foreign policy matters. After all, POWELL WAS ONLY THE FUCKING SECRETARY OF STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Modern Arts
          A bunch of rich white kids hating on Kanye. Gimmie a break lol
          You'd be ok with poor black kids hating on him?

Comment

Originally posted by Short Irish Guy
            LMMFAO

Comment

Nope I never said that ******.

Its funny because these rich kids are hating on Kanye because they support Bush, who cares more about them then the poor and middle class. Read a book BITCH!!

Comment

Nope I never said that ******.
                I never said you did, sport. I was asking you a simple question, boy.

Its funny because these rich kids are hating on Kanye because they support Bush, who cares more about them then the poor and middle class. Read a book BITCH!!
                Right. I guess those silly books I read on my way to getting four year degrees in both political science AND history didn't help me much.

Idiot.

Comment

I never said you did, sport. I was asking you a simple question, boy.

Right. I guess those silly books I read on my way to getting four year degrees in both political science AND history didn't help me much.

Idiot.
                  That's great junior I'm happy for you. Nobody ask about your life and nobody cares. Its not what you know but rather who you know. Once you get into the real world maybe you'll see that little man.

Comment

That's great junior I'm happy for you. Nobody ask about your life and nobody cares. Its not what you know but rather who you know. Once you get into the real world maybe you'll see that little man.
                    You still haven't answered the question, kid...

Comment

You still haven't answered the question, kid...
                      I don't answer stupid questions. If you can't figure out the answer yourself, then its proof your mother should of swallowed you....BOY!!

Comment

lol kayne is more white than i am!

Comment

I don't answer stupid questions. If you can't figure out the answer yourself, then its proof your mother should of swallowed you....BOY!!
                          Get your own insults, bitch.

Comment

Comment

Wow, I've REALLY been put in my place...

Idiots.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X