Notorious B.I.G. rates artists in lost interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notorious B.I.G. rates artists in lost interview

A lost Notorious B.I.G. interview with Peace Magazine from 1995 recently surfaced on the internet. In the piece, an audience shouts the names of several rappers while Big responds by rating them.

The session resulted in Biggie giving thumbs up to artists like Redman, Too $hort, Mc Eiht, DJ Quik, Snoop Dogg, Nas, Gangstarr, Outkast, Scarface, Ice Cube and The Roots, while he dissed his labelmate Craig Mack, and R.A. Rugged Man, among others. After handing zeros to E-40 and Spice 1, Frank White commented on Mack, saying, "I can't give him a zero though 'cause he got some hot shit but like five-four since he on some different shit, some shit I can't relate to. I'm from the hood, he from the suburbs so it's completely different shit. I don't really like the music too much. I like the beats but that (scats) it's not for me, it's just some pretty kid shit." Moments after Big shared that he doesn't like to decipher lyrics, he gave Nas and Jeru The Damaja 10's.

An audience member shouted out KRS-One to which Big answered, "I don't like KRS no more 'cause he just think he's too dope. He let his ego take over his shit and that's what brings him down. When he was like that (shouts "Blow it to yourself"), when he was like that, then he was a ten but now, 'I am Hip Hop'!!! Eat a dick *****. Eat a muthaphukkin' dick!" Later on, Big rated R.A. the Rugged Man, who claimed Big once thought of bringing him to Bad Boy Records in an XXL interview last week. Surprisingly, the Brooklyn emcee stated, " The white boy? The one that I did the jam with? That's who you talkin' about? Two... Might be a three. I did the song, they paid me a lot of money, that's why I did it. The beat was knockin." Big later bigged up The Roots and cleared rumors that he dissed them on Craig Mack's "Flava In Ya Ear" remix.

Source: sohh.com

KRS could of ended Big's career before it even started.

Comment

I think its funny that Big was talking all that noise before he even did anything. And Spice is nice, why was he hating on him?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X