Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prison Transcripts Reveal "Supreme," Ready to Take the Fall For Irv and His "Friends"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prison Transcripts Reveal "Supreme," Ready to Take the Fall For Irv and His "Friends"

In a March 29th prison transcript exclusively obtained by SOHH.com, the image of Murder Inc affiliate Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff as a notorious, violent drug lord is challenged by conversations with Irv Gotti that show a soft, and somewhat brave young man who is pained, yet willing to take the fall alone for the sake of his "friends."

During a conversation with Irv "Gotti" Lorenzo on March 29th, 2005 at 10:26pm, Supreme catches up with Irv, who hasn't visited him in person due to restraints by his attorney. Here, after what was apparently a trying week, Irv talks about "not feeling alright" and reveals how much of a struggle their legal ordeal has become. At this time, the media and the prosecution are making the assertion that the Lorenzo brothers-Irv and Chris-had an insidious connection to former drug czar Supreme, including allegations that their label, Murder Inc., was a coverup to launder drug money:

KM: I'd rather sacrifice my personal composition than even (stuttering), even think or accept the notion of these ***** trying to sacrifice, you know, all these innocent motherfuckers. Just because they want to get me, yo. If I got to, yo, if I got to carry this whole shit on my back, yo.

IL: Like me and you is one and the same. ***** I'm on it like you.

KM: Of course. You have to be. Because here's a guy [referring to Irv Gotti] who won't denounce his, here's a guy who won't denounce his friendship to someone, and he's being persecuted b/c he won't denounce his friendship.... If that's the case, then we should die then.

Later in the same conversation, Irv and Supreme discuss concerns with paying lawyers to represent them. The two recount their struggle to come up with the cash to pay their attorney fees, with Irv lamenting how he is "paying everyone's lawyer, Cynthia [the accountant], Gutta, everyone." Finally, Supreme willingly resigns himself to the fact that he might have to go it alone.

KM: Yeah, we gonna be alright man. I mean, regardless, I mean my mind set is, I'm so ill in my mindset... I thought that if worse comes to worse, Supreme will just be representing himself and will be going out in a blaze of glory yo, period. I'm telling you, yo, that's were my heart, that's where my mind and heart was at, yo."

IL: As long as oxygen could still go into my lungs, *****, and I'm still alive, *****, that's not happening, *****, That's not happening yo.

After discussing the possibility of the death penalty and hopes that McGriff will get out and "get married and have some kids," the two end their discussion. "I love you," says Irv. "I love you my *****," replies McGriff.

"Queens Reigns Supreme," Ethan Brown's highly anticipated book of true-life Queens gangsters and druglords, also paints a starkly different picture of the former Supreme Team honcho than what has been portrayed in the media.

"Supreme had this reputation as this guy who is like a Teflon kinda hustler," the author told SOHH.com. "The actual truth of the matter is pretty far from that."

Supreme's case has since been separated from that of the Lorenzo's, who will go on trial for "money laundering" starting Monday, October 24th. SOHH.com has learned that Supreme has since changed attorneys and recently filed "indigent," meaning he has no money to pay attorneys. He's now going to trial with a court appointed lawyer sometime next year.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X