Tupac Lives on Via Assemblies In Motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tupac Lives on Via Assemblies In Motion

Tupac Shakur'sfriends and family keep the spirit of the emcee alive via Assemblies in Motion and new photo book, Thru My Eyes: Thoughts on Tupac Amaru Shakur in Pictures and Words.

Tonight, actor/comedian Mike Epps will host a benefit dinner and concert supporting Assemblies in Motion (AIM) and Steinberg's "Rose From Concrete" Arts Education program. Epps will give a stand-up comedy performance and AIM artists will perform original material.

AIM is an international Arts Education non-profit organization founded by Tupac and Leila Steinberg. AIM's purpose is to utilize the personal voices of artists through song and spoken word to educate, heal, communicate, and transform the world.

Proceeds from AIM's first annual benefit dinner will benefit AIM's Arts Education and rehabilitation programs in schools, community centers, foster homes, and youth authority facilities.

The event will be held at Vincenti Restaurant in Brentwood, CA. The reception includes a silent auction where poems written by Tupac while he lived with Steinberg in the Bay Area will be up for bid.

"The more deeply you can bring someone to their heart and the younger you can get them, the more likely you are to save someone from perpetuating a history of violence," said Steinberg via a statement.

The event will be sponsored by Quincy Jones, the Mike Epps Foundation, Gary and Donna Freedman, QDIII Entertainment, NU HOUR Studios, MJM Premier, Promenade Pictures, "The Microphone Sessions," and Michael Greene.

Meanwhile, Gobi, one of Tupac's friends and director of his last three music videos, has authored Thru My Eyes: Thoughts on Tupac Amaru Shakur in Pictures and Words, a color and black & white portfolio of 50 intimate photographic images along with personal commentary.

Due Nov. 1, These never-before-published pictures of the late music genius were captured in 1996, the last year of Tupac's life. During this time Gobi became intricately involved with Tupac producing and directing his music videos and preparing to launch Tupac's feature film production company.

As told in Thru My Eyes, Tupac launched Gobi's career as a music video director with "2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted." Gobi has since directed videos for Missy Elliot, Mary J. Blige and Yoko Ono.

The book includes a foreword by Tupac's mother, Afeni Shakur, who states that Thru My Eyes "offers a personal view of Tupac that warrants exposure."

A portion of the author's proceeds will be donated to the Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation.

Thru My Eyes: Thoughts on Tupac Amaru Shakur in Pictures and Words will be available in stores on November 1st.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X