Source Editor-In-Chief Turns Himself In To The NYPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source Editor-In-Chief Turns Himself In To The NYPD

Source Magazine Editor-In-Chief Dasun Allah recently turned himself in to face charges of desecrating a Jehovah's Witness assembly hall in New York.

The 32 year old Allah, now also known as DX21, is charged with criminal mischief and spreading graffiti, and was to be arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court this past Friday. Allah, who is also a part of New York radio station Power 105.1's Star and Bucwild morning show, admitted to spray-painting the building.

"They [the Witnesses] known why I did it," Allah, born David Allen Blanks, told reporters outside the 32nd Precinct station house in Harlem. "They mentally molested me. They broke up my family."

Allah also compared the Jehovah's Witnesses to the spooky residents of the movie, "The Village." He added that he painted the graffiti on the building to shine light on the religion's "hypocrisy."

According to reports, Allah was asked to leave the Jehovah's Witnesses over 13 years ago. He is now part of the Islam-rooted Nation of Gods and Earths.

"They said I didn't fit the criteria, because, to put it lightly, I wasn't a choirboy," Allah told The New York Post.

Allah's attorney Mel Sachs stated he's "confident that this case will be resolved successfully."

In related news, The Source appears to be in hot water. As Allah was turning himself in, reports surfaced that the self-proclaimed "Hip-Hop bible" has lost over $11 million in the last four years and has failed to file any state and/or federal income tax over the course of the last two years.

In addition, the magazine, founded by David Mays and his longtime business partner Raymond "Benzino" Scott, has also failed to deliver issue subscription mailers the publication, and a lawsuit regarding that is still pending. The case states that nearly $3 million in bad checks, over the past nine months, have not been paid for.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X