Black Rob Says Diddy Didn't 'Have Time' To Help With New Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Rob Says Diddy Didn't 'Have Time' To Help With New Album

Black Rob has been on a 5 year hiatus, but according to the rapper, he has been in the studio working on his sophomore album, The Black Rob Report. But this time around, he didn't get the attention from Diddy that he did on his first outing.

Instead, B.R. was forced to work on his own.

"Everybody is an artist over here," Black Rob said. "See, Puff is a CEO and he's an artist, so he don't really have time to coincide with the artists, man.

"If Puff was still the same hungry record exec, and wasn't really an artist...'cause he's working on an album too. So, he don't really have time to work hand-in-hand with B.R. -- it can't happen."

Although Diddy was too busy to oversee the progress of B.R.'s studio sessions, the Harlem rapper took matters into his own hands to mold and create the sophomore release he wanted.

"This album right here, [Bad Boy] just sit back and let me create," Black Rob explained to BallerStatus.net. "I don't really look for Puff to be in the studio with me. My first album, his guidance was essential, but this time, I'm a grown man; I'm professional. I'm felt like either Puff is there or he not there. I'm still gonna make the kinda music people are gonna love, and Puff will wanna promote, push and put out on his label."

And make music he did. With the pressure on, Black Rob worked endlessly in studio, recording more than 200 songs before narrowing the final tracklist to 22 tracks.

"Real talk, I worked 20 hours a day in the studio on this album," B.R. explained. "[Bad Boy] literally had to beg me to leave the studio, like they had to make calls to the higher ups to get me out of there. That's the kind of mentality I had with this record. I'm ready for this sh--."

The 22-track set features guest appearances by Akon, Petey Pablo, Craig Mack, Notorious B.I.G., Ness, Young City and Babs among others. But, for the most part, B.R. kept it all him.

The single, "Ready," has already gained steam in New York, while the first video, "Star In Da Hood," is circulating now and the video for "Ready" has wrapped and will debut soon.

The Black Rob Report is in stores now on Bad Boy Records.

Source: ballerstatus.net

Damn, it took Rob long enough to come out with his album. And the sad thing is nobody cares. Bad Boy died when Biggie died.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X