50 Cent's "Get Rich" Movie Mimics Real-Life Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent's "Get Rich" Movie Mimics Real-Life Beef

50 Cent's Get Rich Or Die Tryin' movie was recently screened for a small group of journalists in New York City.

The semi-autobiographical film stars Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson as Marcus -- a ruthless hustler who leaves the drug game behind to pursue a rap career following his mother's violent death. Loosely based on 50's real life, the film features parallel plots including what appears to be a re-enactment of the 2000 shooting of 50 Cent in Queens, New York. 50 also appears to carve out fictional roles for his real-life foes, including convicted drug dealer Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff who closely resembles "Get Rich" drug-lord Majestic and his artist, Dangerous, who reminds the viewer of Ja Rule.

The movie also stars Terrence Howard (Hustle & Flow, Crash) as Bama, 50's manager; Joy Bryant (Honey, Antwone Fisher) as Charlene, 50's love interest and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (OZ) as Majestic, Marcus' main rival in the picture. As he rises from the underground, Marcus generates a buzz by taking shots at Majestic and his artist, Dangerous.

50 physically acts, resorting to facial expressions more than lengthy dialogue throughout the movie. Meanwhile, Terrence Howard provides much comic relief, arguably stealing the movie.

Contrary to early reports, the movie is free of G-Unit appearances. The collective is also absent from the story line.

In related news, promotional posters for Get Rich Or Die Tryin' created controversy for its graphic use of guns. Paramount Pictures, the studio behind the film, has since pulled the posters from the market.

Get Rich Or Die Tryin' hits theaters November 9th.

Source: sohh.com

It seems like 50 Cent brings a lot of this beef on himself.

Comment

it seems like 50 is a fuckin gay ass commercial rapper

Comment

Fifty is a trick. He ain't got shit to say to Game after the Game shitted on him lol

Comment

The Commercial On Right Now

Comment

the commercial on but wont be remembered for nothin except for puttin an obstacle in front of real genious rappin

Comment

Originally posted by poetic mind
              the commercial on but wont be remembered for nothin except for puttin an obstacle in front of real genious rappin

CO SIGN

Comment

well see sodomy we do have somthing in common

Comment

you know whats sad tho...i mean really truely sad...on the top of this forum theres a question that has a link on it that wants me to vote for the more talented rapper, nelly or 50 cent

what the fuck is going on in rap right now its horrible

only chance of commercial going back to being true rap and not just a product of corporations are rappers like bun b who can break through to the commercial but still keep their underground roots

Comment

hip hop is hip hop reguardless if its heard not heard pop commericial or whatever...there are so many sub genres that its ok to choose. just cause you like underground dont mean other people dont like commericial give your fuckin self centered opinion a break....50 makes aight music most of the time!

i do agree canibus is a good artist but eminem whiped his asshole with canibus style and if you deny it your just as pathetic as ~O~

Comment

eminem didnt murk him at all...canibus made a song to redo that whole stan shit...not to diss em, but to be creative

em took it as a diss and came at bis on a few tracks

bis didnt get lured into the publicity stunt and never replied

the beef is over now

so does that mean em murked him?? i dont think it does

and rap needs a solid core of what rap started as...i never said commercial shit doesnt fulfill its own little spot in rap...but its hip-hop, not rap...rap is true thug shit wether its murder verses, intellectual shit, or just normal flows, its still got that core of being involved in an ongoing struggle...its deeper than hip hop

hip hop is alright im my opinion....but to me, hip hop is party anthems and radio shit...just doesnt seem as deep to me as some true rap

its pretty much rap=2pac hip hop=ll cool j

Comment

The problem is that there's too much commercial rap getting play right now, and not enough conscious rap getting play. It's all on one side right now, and that's why I'm getting sick of rap/hip hop.

There should be a movie about common, but there won't be because the people that have the power to make it happen, won't take a chance and make it. They would much rather put out remakes, and comic book movies, then take a risk on something that might work.

Comment

your half right (in my opinion)

theres not only commercial and concious rap

theres millions of different types of strands you could use to categorize rap...the problem is you get the same commercial shit over and over and over again then you finally get a song that breaks the mold....and you wont hear another one go commercial for months...its fuckin ridiculous

i guess commercial wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt all that the radio plays...

Comment

I ain't gonna lie. I'll probably go see the move. The fuck you want me to do?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X