Chicago Producer Files $10 Million CounterClaim Against Kanye West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Producer Files $10 Million CounterClaim Against Kanye West

Chicago, Illinois producer Eric “E-Smoove” Miller and his label, Focus Music Group, have filed a $10 million dollar counterclaim against superstar rapper Kanye West regarding several recordings West allegedly produced when he was younger.

In August, West filed a suit alleging that Miller and Focus Music Group created fake documents, forged his signature and tried to sell songs he recorded before he was 18.

Miller is seeking $10,485,000 in damages in the counter lawsuit, claiming that West recorded and co-produced eight vocals and two instrumentals for an album to be released through the label.

Miller’s suit states that West served as an associate producer for the label until 1996 and that the rapper turned 18 before he recorded the tracks.

Miller and his label also maintain that West agreed that FMG would own the Masters to the recordings.

Miller has produced recordings for Janet Jackson, Total, Michael Jackson, Al Jareau, Marvin Gaye and others.

In 2001 he was nominated for a Grammy Award for his remix of Sunshine Anderson’s hit “Heard it All Before.”

The lawsuit is requesting Miller the right to use the Masters without West’s consent

Miller is represented by Randolph D. Phifer, Esq., the Managing Partner at Phifer & White, P.C. in Detroit, Michigan, consultant Jeffrey H. Brown, Esq., a partner at Michael Best & Friedrich LLP in Chicago, Illinois and consultant Joseph A. Spiriti Jr., Esq. of Joseph A. Spiriti Jr., P.A. in Miami, Florida.

Source: allhiphop.com

i hope he gets sued for more! Kane West sux! if eye ever see her,i will beat her up with her kane

Comment

Originally posted by gono
      i hope he gets sued for more! Kane West sux! if eye ever see her,i will beat her up with her kane
      Funny...I thought it was "Kanye" West and I've never seem him(I noticed you said "her) with a Cane. You sure you're not just a poser ?

Comment

Originally posted by Son_Dragon
        Funny...I thought it was "Kanye" West and I've never seem him(I noticed you said "her) with a Cane. You sure you're not just a poser ?
        gono is a poser and a ******. But we all have are problems lol

How are you gonna hate on Kanye?

Comment

i let the poser thing slide just kause it doesnt make sense why you would kall me a poser..kause maybe i am,but hell no i aint a ***. I just dont like kane west kause it sux, and sodomy to answer your kuestion, like this.

Comment

Originally posted by gono
            i let the poser thing slide just kause it doesnt make sense why you would kall me a poser..kause maybe i am,but hell no i aint a ***. I just dont like kane west kause it sux, and sodomy to answer your kuestion, like this.
            Take a spelling class.

Comment

West ain't the best producer out there but he is in the top 5.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X