Murder Inc Trial/Day 4: Prosecution Falters As Judge Bans Talk of 50 Cent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murder Inc Trial/Day 4: Prosecution Falters As Judge Bans Talk of 50 Cent

As day four of the Murder Inc. money laundering trial ended, the prosecution made a shocking discovery. They discovered that their case against Irv and Chris Lorenzo wasn't as strong as they thought.

After four days of confusion and indecisiveness, Judge Edward Korman finally ruled that any information regarding the May 24, 2000 shooting of 50 Cent had no relevance to this trial. The prosecution is not even allowed to utter the rapper's name in the presence of the jury.

This ruling could possibly be the "final blow" in the prosecution's case. Earlier this week, their two star witnesses, Donell Nichols and Phillip "Dalu" Banks, both discredited and contradicted themselves.

Prosecutor Carolyn Pokorny started out the second half of day four with testimony about Chris Lorenzo's gambling problems, which in the end turned out to be inconclusive and even more importantly irrelevant.

Pokorny hit yet another roadblock when she tried to submit lyrics from songs recorded by Ja Rule that made reference to drug dealing. Judge Korman deemed the lyrics as irrelevant and did not allow them in as evidence.

With the jury ordered out of the courtroom, Pokorny then tried to submit letters that were found on Chris Lorenzo's desk during the federal investigation that took place in 2003.

The letters, written from Gerald "Prince" Miller, nephew of convicted drug lord Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff, to McGriff. In the letters, Miller stresses the importance of not handling business over the phone, and pays homage to his uncle saying, "Although I love you as my uncle, I respect you as a Don."

Miller also allegedly stabbed another inmate for talking recklessly about certain members of Murder Inc while serving time in federal prison. However, Judge Korman found the letters to be irrelevant as well and refused to allow them in as evidence.

Seemingly disappointed in the judge's ruling, Pokorny said to the court, "I'm confident we will be done by Monday [the next scheduled trial date]."

After the jury was dismissed for the day, Chris Lorenzo turned toward his family with both thumbs raised in the air as he gave a sigh of relief. While on the other side of the courtroom, Irv Lorenzo's confident defense attorney Gerald Shargel turned toward press row and winked his left eye, indicating that the final blow toward the prosecution had been delivered.

Source: sohh.com

THE INC IS BaCK!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X