50 Cent Wins Big At the Billboard Music Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent Wins Big At the Billboard Music Awards

50 Cent topped all artists with six wins at the 2005 Billboard Music Awards at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena last night.

The artist also known as Curtis "Interscope" Jackson, who was nominated in eight categories, won Artist of the Year, Hot 100 Artist of the Year, Album of the Year for The Massacre, and Ringtone of the Year for "Candy Shop," among other prizes. Host LL Cool J phoned 50, who was in Paris promoting Get Rich or Die Tryin, to inform the rapper of his six awards.

Alternative rock band Green Day also took home six trophies. Other winners included Mariah Carey, who took home five Billboard awards; Gwen Stefani and Daddy Yankee, who won two trophies each. Kanye West was honored with Billboard's Artist Achievement Award.

"When I first came out I was a hot head -- I thought I was the greatest," 'Ye said in his acceptance speech. "I still think I'm the greatest."

Slim Thug joined Gwen Stefani on stage while Pharrell Williams, Ciara, Daddy Yankee, Pretty Ricky also performed.

Source: AP

Good for him I guess...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X