Snoop Dogg's Mother Launches Nationwide Anti-Gang Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Dogg's Mother Launches Nationwide Anti-Gang Campaign

The mother of superstar rapper Snoop Dogg has helped create and launch The Mothers of Entertainers (M.O.E.), a new organization designed to help steer children away from gangs and violence.

Beverly Broadus Green, an ordained evangelist, is kicking off a nationwide campaign starting at Epiphany School in Dorchester, Massachusetts tomorrow (Dec. 14).

Green, who nicknamed her son “Snoop” because of his resemblance to the peanuts character Snoopy, said her recently launched organization aims to help underprivileged children, abused women and homeless people.

“For the last 15 years this has been a dream of mine" Green stated. “To reach out, touch and help the kids in the streets, the kids on drugs, the mothers on crack or Mothers who are experiencing domestic violence, it is my dream to help them."

Other celebrity mothers in the process of becoming involved with the organization include the mothers of Britney Spears, Chris Rock, Kelly Price, Beyonce, Cedric the Entertainer, Hillary Duff and others.

“I just spoke with Claudia Price [Kelly Price's mother] and she is so excited. “P. Diddy and I spoke and he told me to just call him and he would put me in touch with his mother. I am so excited and can't wait to be out there!"

Ms. Green will speak to other schools and at risk children from Dec. 14-17 at other Boston area schools.

Snoop’s newest album Welcome To Tha Chuuch: Tha Album hit stores today.

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X