Nas replies to negative comments on his Def Jam signing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nas replies to negative comments on his Def Jam signing

After comments from Cam'ron, 50 Cent, and now Fat Joe on his signing with his former rival Jay-Z, Nas has decided to speak.

The comments mainly concern the fact that Jay-Z slept with the mother of Nas' daughter, Carmen Bryan. Fat Joe even went as far to call Nas soft.

He says, "I used to look up to Nas a lot. And I don't even really respect what he did. How do you become a friend to a person who disrespects your baby's mother? It's too much ugliness. I almost died, as a hip hop fan, when I heard they were together."

Nas, who is now married to singer Kelis, sees the comments as fuel for his creative fire. "That's small-minded. The movement is bigger than what someone says about Nas for the moment. This is what challenges me, what makes me go on. When people have negative things to say, it's all good," he said. "I'm one of the most crucified artists in the game, thank you!"

Jay-Z and Nas appear on MTV’s All Eyes on Me February 16th at 11PM for their first interview together since the deal was finalized.

Nas’ Def Jam debut is due later this year.

Source: mtv.com

How the hell does Nas act like he doesn't understand why people are bashing him for signing with Def Jam? He sold out, plain and simple.

Comment

Nas did what he had to do to get paid. I think anyone else would of done the same thing.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X