Jay-Z Chats With Roc Fans; Reveals Foxy Brown Had Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay-Z Chats With Roc Fans; Reveals Foxy Brown Had Surgery

Rapper Foxy Brown has undergone ear surgery and is in the process of recovering her hearing, Def Jam president Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter has revealed.

Of the Def Jam-signed artist, Jay-Z said, "She just had an operation out in L.A. and hopefully within the next couple of weeks her hearing will slowly start to come back."

According to her doctor, Brown lost hearing in both ears because of a condition called "sudden sensorineural hearing loss," a rare condition that remains permanent without treatment.

Recovery time is expected to be brief, but the time frame varies per person.

The revelations came as Jay-Z engaged with fans in a live chat on the Roc-A-Fella Records website Wednesday (Feb. 15), allowing fans to ask a myriad of questions.

The topics ranged from rival Cam’ron to Nas to Freeway’s involvement with G-Unit, among other topics.

The artist in the Def Jam president came out when he was queried about the possibilities of recording a new album.

"I don't know this time about doing a new album, although I'm itching to do one. We'll see," Jay-Z said.

Jay-Z also commented on the status of current Def Jam artists The Roots, Freeway, Beanie Sigel and Memphis Bleek.

"I've always had a friendship with [drummer] Ahmir [Thompson]," Jay-Z continued. "We've done a lot of work -- Unplugged, different concerts. I just felt that he was the one to lead that whole Def Jam movement. He led the movement that was considered to be neo-soul. I hate that word but you know what I mean."

Jay-Z also revealed that a tribute song for producer Jay Dee, who recently passed away from complications due to lupus, was being planned.

"They had made a song dedicated to him before he passed and we're gonna put that out in honor of him," Jay-Z revealed.

Both Beanie Sigel and Freeway are still recording for Roc-A-Fella Records, where Freeway is putting the finishes touches on a collaboration album with G-Unit with Jay-Z's blessings.

Sigel is currently negotiating a deal for his own record label, while Memphis Bleek is working on a new clothing line and a possible career acting in movies.

Source: allhiphop.com

I hope she makes a full recovery. I can't imagine losing my hearing.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X