Busta Rhymes Speaks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busta Rhymes Speaks...

Can it be that it was all so simple then? A few weeks ago, Busta Rhymes was on top of the world with a hot single, "Touch It," climbing the charts; a new album, The Big Bang, on the way; and an un-dreaded new look. It all seemed to be falling into place for a mega comeback.

That is until the now infamous night of February 5. The night Israel Ramirez, Busta's bodyguard, was shot and killed.

The once-beloved MC has since come under criticism for his refusal to talk to authorities regarding the shooting. However, last month, Sources spoke exclusively to Busta at his The Ave Magazine photo shoot about his new album, his legacy, his city... and ironically, beef and credibility.

"I'm coming to unanimously and unquestionably reestablish the fact that the game needs me," Busta Rhymes told sources. "This is probably going to be one of the most significant albums creatively, that I've ever made. I'm finally in a [label] situation where I don't feel like I have to compromise. Aftermath is like a dream come true for me right now," he added.

With The Big Bang, Busta is ready to let audiences see a new side of hip-hop's most animated character. "Everybody knows me for the high energy club bangers, but I don't think people got a thorough understanding of what it was that contributed to me becoming that dude. There was a conscious effort that went into me not putting my personal shit in the street."

While he has never disappointed hip-hop fans, he said time was the key ingredient in "the best new album that y'all ever gonna get probably for the next five to ten years."

"I've been on Aftermath for three years," Busta added. "I ain't never took no three years to make an album. I've never had this much time to be as creative and to try to experiment with so many different things. I think for the first time I'm really able to say that the patience was my best weapon."

As far as beef goes, the self-proclaimed "dungeon dragon" said he's sleeping with one eye open, 'cause anybody can get it.

"Until I master the album...as long as nobody don't say the wrong thing, step out of line, or try to get disrespectful with it, it's just gonna be a classic, organic, thorough representation of what hip-hop ain't felt in a long time," Busta told sources. "But you know, there's always a dude or two that think they can try their hand, and I embrace shit like that gracefully. I look forward to shit like that...I must be a superman cause I ain't took an L yet."

Through all the ruckus surrounding Busta, the New York emcee likes to keep the bigger picture in mind.

"This is a great time for New York *****s to reestablish being the heads of the thrown by doing more classic product records," said Busta. "New York *****s need to know that we have a responsibility not just only to ourselves as artists, but to the game by being the hottest *****s in the game."

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X