Lil Cease Sets The Record Straight in New DVD, Explains Beef With Lil' Kim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Cease Sets The Record Straight in New DVD, Explains Beef With Lil' Kim

The controversial role Junior M.A.F.I.A. member Lil' Cease played in the perjury conviction of Lil' Kim is examined in a new DVD, due this June.

Phoenix Entertainment Group plans to release Reality Check: Junior M.A.F.I.A. vs. Lil Kim as a response to questions many continue to have about the fallout from the 2001 shooting outside Hot 97.

As SOHH previously reported, Kim was tried on 6 counts of perjury and conspiracy for lying to a grand jury under oath about the role former manager Damion Butler and longtime friend Suif Jackson played in a 2001 shootout outside of NYC radio station Hot 97. Junior M.A.F.I.A. members Antoine "Banger" Spain and Lil Cease refuted Kim's testimony, testifying that they were with Kim on the day of the shooting and witnessed Butler on the scene.

The DVD will largely examine the results of that testimony, since Cease has become the subject of scrutiny, and labeled a "snitch" and a "rat" by many in the streets and hip-hop community.

Reality Check: Junior M.A.F.I.A. vs. Lil' Kim is hosted by MTV personality Sway and includes court transcripts as well as commentary from Jadakiss, Method Man, Snoop Dogg, Don Diva CEO and Editor-At-Large Cavario, among others. The DVD also offers an in-depth look at the feud between Kim and Cease, as well as its effect on the legacy of the late Notorious B.I.G.

"We worked with Cease in the past, he is a pleasure to work with, he is still young and eager and has a professional attitude," Phoenix Entertainment Group CEO Anthony Perez said via statement. "We are looking forward to future projects with him."

Last year, Kim obtained a court order preventing Cease and Junior M.A.F.I.A. from releasing a different DVD, The Chronicles of Junior M.A.F.I.A. Part II: Reloaded, contending that the DVD and its prequel resorted to false advertisement and endorsements by using her name, image and likeness.

Reality Check: Junior M.A.F.I.A. vs. Lil' Kim is scheduled for release on June 27.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X