Lawyers In Notorious B.I.G. Suit Deny Lying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyers In Notorious B.I.G. Suit Deny Lying

The lawyers representing the family of slain rapper Christopher "Notorious B.I.G." Wallace, who were accused by city attorneys of lying to the court last week, responded via a court filing on Tuesday (May 30), stating that the city "gave a really incomplete view of what happened".

As previously reported, attorneys representing the city of Los Angeles accused the Wallaces' attorneys of lying to the court - specifically when they claimed they had never seen a jailhouse informant's report detailing allegations that ex-LAPD Rampart Division Officer Rafael Perez had been implicated in B.I.G.'s murder.

Voletta Wallace, B.I.G.'s mother, and his widow, Faith Evans, sued the city of Los Angeles and others four years ago, alleging wrongful death, and accused convicted corrupt cops Rafael Perez and David Mack of conspiring to kill Biggie with Death Row CEO Marion "Suge" Knight.

U.S. District Judge Florence-Marie Cooper, who declared a mistrial in the suit and awarded the Wallace family $1.1 million in legal fees, and said she was "outraged" when city attorney Vincent Marella showed her a report showing that the Wallaces' lawyers had knowledge of the informant's comments as early as 2002.

Cooper gave the Wallace family's attorneys seven days to explain themselves

"Defendant has woven fact, fiction and mischaracterization together in a desperate attempt to prevent additional discovery of LAPD misconduct," the Wallace's lawyers wrote in Tuesday's filing.

"I would hope the judge looks at [the filing] and realizes we did nothing whatsoever to misrepresent anything." Perry R. Sanders Jr., an attorney for the family, told The Los Angeles Times on Wednesday.

A spokesman for the city attorney's said the city would respond in court filings next week.

Notorious B.I.G.'s murder still remains unsolved. He was killed on March 9, 1997, after a party at the PetersenAutomotiveMuseum in Los Angeles.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X