Managing Director Of Cristal Not Impressed With Rap Patronage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dead AIM
    The managing director who said that hip-hop is "unwanted attention" is stupid. If its true that rappers buy as much cristal as they say in their songs, then they should stop buying it now. It will have an affect on cristal's profits.

More money > Less money

Jay should put out his own high grade champagne, targeting that same market that cristal doesn't want. And then take the market they do want.
    It's so obvious that you know absolutely NOTHING about what you're talking about. Jay-Z is EXACTLY who Cristal wants to market to. If you don't know why then you proved my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Short Irish Guy
      It's so obvious that you know absolutely NOTHING about what you're talking about. Jay-Z is EXACTLY who Cristal wants to market to. If you don't know why then you proved my point.
      If that was true then cristal should kept their mouth shut. Where in marketing does it say you should make racist statements to a Black man to get their business?

Thats like if Jay-Z came out and said "Suburban kids wearing Rocawear is unwanted attention"

Please go eat a bullet and die!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying High
        If that was true then cristal should kept their mouth shut. Where in marketing does it say you should make racist statements to a Black man to get their business?

Thats like if Jay-Z came out and said "Suburban kids wearing Rocawear is unwanted attention"
        No, because Rocawear isn't catering to a niche market like Cristal is. Try again, bitch...

Comment

Originally posted by supa_g
          Actually, the common thug in question was latino. I encourage you to examine your stereotypes and ask that you not project them onto me. I chose not to state the race because 1) I don't discriminate based on race and 2) as stated this is not a race issue.

I honestly believe Mr. Rouzaud would be fine with ANY upper class person consuming their beverage in a respectable manner and promoting it to the upper class market they are targeting - not to low class people who damage the image of the brand through foolish behavior.
          And I would ask you to use some common sense. How are you going to market to an upper class African American by looking down upon his race? Bad business ethics!!!!

You are blind. You can't even see racism when it is right in front of you.
          This is no different then if Jay-Z came out and said "Suburban kids wearing Rocawear is unwanted attention"

Comment

No, because Rocawear isn't catering to a niche market like Cristal is. Try again, bitch...
            You missed the point of my statement idiot!!! But then again you are missing brain cells.

Comment

You missed the point of my statement idiot!!! But then again you are missing brain cells.
              No, child - your statement missed its point...

Comment

"It has come to my attention that the managing director of Cristal, Frederic Rouzaud views the 'Hip-Hop' culture as 'unwelcome attention,'" said Jay-Z. "I view his comments as racist and will no longer support any of his products through any of my various brands including The 40/40 Club nor in my personal life." -Jay-Z

Cristal will lose its premium position. It might as well be called Thunderbird now.

Let me translate what Cristal is really saying, "Our nasty-tasting, over-priced liquor is not for Black people."

Also, dumb asses like short irish guy posting shit like it's ok because they dont want to be associated with something negative... as if hip-hop were all about being negative. That's ignorance right there.

Have you seen any other company say, "I dont want Italians drinking my champagne because they are mafia and the mafia kills people..." ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pyro
                  "It has come to my attention that the managing director of Cristal, Frederic Rouzaud views the 'Hip-Hop' culture as 'unwelcome attention,'" said Jay-Z. "I view his comments as racist and will no longer support any of his products through any of my various brands including The 40/40 Club nor in my personal life." -Jay-Z

Cristal will lose its premium position. It might as well be called Thunderbird now.

Let me translate what Cristal is really saying, "Our nasty-tasting, over-priced liquor is not for Black people."

Have you seen any other company say, "I dont want Italians drinking my champagne because they are mafia and the mafia kills people..." ?
                  POOR black people.

Plus, CHILD, the fucking FRENCH make champagne. It's from the champagne region in FRANCE. You really are fucking stupid, aren't ya? :sleep2:

Comment

POOR black people.

Plus, CHILD, the fucking FRENCH make champagne. It's from the champagne region in FRANCE. You really are fucking stupid, aren't ya? :sleep2:
                    I NEVER said the french didn't make champagne you failed abortion. I was just making an example.

Cristol hasn't even said anything about this boycott going on, or their racist comments. Gee I wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Pyro
                      I NEVER said the french didn't make champagne you failed abortion. I was just making an example.

Cristol hasn't even said anything about this boycott going on, or their racist comments. Gee I wonder why
                      Your example was fucking stupid and completely incorrect, shitdick.

CrisTAL hasn't said anything because the people who they're marketing to look down on the same people Cristal themselves don't want buying their product.

Idiot.

Comment

props to short irish guy

you easily killed all these kkklowns!

Comment

It isn't racism, it is class bias

And I would ask you to use some common sense. How are you going to market to an upper class African American by looking down upon his race? Bad business ethics!!!!

You are blind. You can't even see racism when it is right in front of you.
                          This is no different then if Jay-Z came out and said "Suburban kids wearing Rocawear is unwanted attention"
                          It isn't racism, it is class bias. Cristal wants to remain the sole domain of old rich people period. Anyone under middle class shouldn't even know their product exists. Most hip hop fans (young urban people as established in my earlier thread) are below middle class. Cristal is trying to say that poor people should not know about or have access to their product. This is smart business for their market.

If it helps for perspective; I think Cristal is fine with Jay-Z, P-Diddy, 50 cent or any wealthy hip hop producer consuming their beverage, and serving it to their guests. They don't want them advertising it to their audiences though because their audiences are generally below middle class. Cristal would be thrilled if Bill Cosby, Colin Powell or Michael Jordan were customers and advertised it to their friends - because they are rich old people - their target.

Let's examine the Rocawear brand example you provide - rocawear is a brand that targets a young urban market. Let's take marketing to a consumer at the opposite extreme as is happening with Cristal - imagine Dick Cheney wearing Rocawear and telling people how great it is. Would Rocawear be ok with Cheney wearing and promoting their clothes? - I doubt it because it would damage their image with their target market. Last I checked, Dick Cheney is not someone who young urban people identify with or consult for fashion advice. On the flip side, I highly doubt that Dick Cheney consults young urban peopl for fine food and drink advice.

Class bias is race exclusive and works both ways. It is all about target market demographics friends. There is no racist conspiracy here, just marketing at work.

Comment

Your example was fucking stupid and completely incorrect, shitdick.

CrisTAL hasn't said anything because the people who they're marketing to look down on the same people Cristal themselves don't want buying their product.

Idiot.
                            Actually they have responded dumb ass. http://www.ryanmcbain.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6533 And her example was rather good.
                            Last edited by Stallion; 06-16-2006, 8:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by supa_g
                              It isn't racism, it is class bias. Cristal wants to remain the sole domain of old rich people period. Anyone under middle class shouldn't even know their product exists. Most hip hop fans (young urban people as established in my earlier thread) are below middle class. Cristal is trying to say that poor people should not know about or have access to their product. This is smart business for their market.

If it helps for perspective; I think Cristal is fine with Jay-Z, P-Diddy, 50 cent or any wealthy hip hop producer consuming their beverage, and serving it to their guests. They don't want them advertising it to their audiences though because their audiences are generally below middle class. Cristal would be thrilled if Bill Cosby, Colin Powell or Michael Jordan were customers and advertised it to their friends - because they are rich old people - their target.

Let's examine the Rocawear brand example you provide - rocawear is a brand that targets a young urban market. Let's take marketing to a consumer at the opposite extreme as is happening with Cristal - imagine Dick Cheney wearing Rocawear and telling people how great it is. Would Rocawear be ok with Cheney wearing and promoting their clothes? - I doubt it because it would damage their image with their target market. Last I checked, Dick Cheney is not someone who young urban people identify with or consult for fashion advice. On the flip side, I highly doubt that Dick Cheney consults young urban peopl for fine food and drink advice.

Class bias is race exclusive and works both ways. It is all about target market demographics friends. There is no racist conspiracy here, just marketing at work.
                              How is that good business? You are losing money when you shut other people out. I hope you don't own a business.

But if Cristal's market is racism, then they are doing a great job.

And even if Cristal was fine with Jay-Z and P. Diddy, they (Cristal) have insulted their people, and spat at their business...which is hip hop. If Dick Cheney wore rocafella gear Jay-Z would not care. He would like it, because it would open up another market of business for him. Your point is rather dull, that's like saying hip hop would frown on White people trying to rap...and they don't!!

Hip Hop is not all negative. And if positive rappers had cristal in their videos , the cristal company would still have a problem with it. They want it to be known as a RICH WHITE DRINK...PERIOD.

Comment

He's protecting his brand which is sound business. Quite intelligent move, actually - which is why you don't understand.
                                I don't even know why you are talking about this. The closest you've come to tasting Cristal is when rich ******s are pissing on you.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X