Jay-Z Shelves Cristal At 40/40 Club, Urges Boycott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay-Z Shelves Cristal At 40/40 Club, Urges Boycott

Industry rap giant Jay-Z has joined the ranks of those boycotting high end champagne company Cristal, in response to the negative comments made by Frederic Rouzaud, managing director of Louis Roderer Cristal.

In a special summer edition of The Economist magazine, Rouzaud commented on the Hip-Hop community's patronage of the champagne brand in an article titled "Bubbles and Bling."

Rouzaud stated that he observed the rap community's constant patronage of the pricey drink with "curiosity and serenity."

Rouzaud further stated that other brands like Dom Perignon and Krug "would be delighted to have their business."

Jay-Z has announced that he will no longer support or distribute Cristal champagne at his 40/40 sports bar/restaurant.

"It has come to my attention that the managing director of Cristal, Frederic Rouzaud views the 'Hip-Hop' culture as 'unwelcome attention,'" said Jay-Z. "I view his comments as racist and will no longer support any of his products through any of my various brands including The 40/40 Club nor in my personal life."

Jay-Z, Sean "Diddy" Combs, and several of the Hip-Hop industry's biggest stars have supported Cristal through patronage and homage in rap lyrics.

Jay-Z and his popular 40/40 Club will now be serving only Krug and Dom Perignon to their customers seeking high end champagne products.

Source: allhiphop.com

F*ck Cristal

Hell yea Jigga!!! Ride on them fools. They wanna act like are money is no good?!?! Hit them where it hurts...IN THE POCKET!!

Comment

If Jay-Z only used his voice to denounce drugs and violence....

Comment

Props

I'll give Jigga props for this but he's a little late to the party. I was boycotting Cristal before it was the "in thing" to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kellie-Girl
          If Jay-Z only used his voice to denounce drugs and violence....
          Cristal is one liqour company. Drugs and violence are imbedded in American society. Besides, who the hell is FOR drugs and violence besides your local dope dealer and Mafia members.

Cristal sales will go down because Jay-Z has reached a level where his every move is copied.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X