No announcement yet.

Timbaland Working With Jay-Z On Tracks, New Album Rumored To Be In The Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timbaland Working With Jay-Z On Tracks, New Album Rumored To Be In The Works

Super-producer Timbaland has confirmed that he’ll be collaborating with Jay-Z for the Brooklyn MC's next untitled project.

In an interview with BBC’s 1xtra, the VA producer indicated that he is currently working on tracks for the Def Jam president.

While he remained tight-lipped about the partnership, he confirmed that Brooklyn MC was the only Hip-Hop project he was producing in the near future.

After recording nine albums and selling more than 40 million albums, Jay-Z officially retired from recording as an artist.

The rapper-turned-president recently commemorated the 10th anniversary of his debut album, Reasonable Doubt, by performing the album in its entirety at New York's Radio City Music Hall.

In related news, Timabland recently launched Mosley Music Group, a joint venture label with the Interscope/Geffen/A&M. The label’s first release Loose from singer Nelly Furtado entered Billboard's Top 200 chart at #1.

"Hip-Hop is too easy for me," Timbaland told 1xtra. "I've got to do something that's challenging. The only thing I got coming out is Jay-Z. I'm not trying to do anything new. I'm trying to do pop. I'm trying to bring Top 40 into the hood."

Timbaland is currently in the studio putting the final touches on Justin Timberlake's sophomore album FutureSex/LoveSounds, which hits stores September 13.

Jay-Z himself hinted to a possible come back album in a recent interview with the Associated Press.

"I believe the industry as a whole needs certain events to happen to sustain it and keep it alive," Jay-Z said. "You need (Dr.) Dre albums, you need Eminem albums you need 50 (Cent) albums, you need big artists, you need major events that happen. So when I look at it in those terms, I believe that an album is needed."

Reports have stated that production duo The Neptunes, which is comprised of Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo, are also producing tracks for the new album.

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X