Xzibit Inks Label Deal With Koch For Open Bar Ent; Preps New Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xzibit Inks Label Deal With Koch For Open Bar Ent; Preps New Album

Koch Records seems to scoop up every rapper that the majors don't want to compensate correctly. Their latest addition is Mr. X to the Z, Xzibit. The West Coast rapper and host of MTV's "Pimp My Ride" has announced a new deal with Koch, where he will run his own imprint, Open Bar Entertainment.

The first album to drop via the new deal will be X's new album, entitled Full Circle. Its first single/video is "Concrete," which is expected to hit radio and video outlets soon.

With five albums under his belt and more than 3 millions units sold, Xzibit is a veteran in the West Coast hip-hop scene. And now, he plans to use his knowledge of the game to put out an independent album.

"After 10 years of being signed to a major label, I have learned a lot," Xzibit said via a statement. "Koch Records is giving me the opportunity to put this knowledge to work. I am excited to be putting an independent record out through Open Bar Entertainment/KOCH Records and am looking forward to doing what I love to do best."

X's new album will follow-up 2004's Weapons Of Mass Destruction, which suffered lackluster sales, despite the rapper's household name status via "Pimp My Ride."

Full Circle marks an aggressive return to form for the rapper, who recorded the bulk of the album's material in New York and Los Angeles.

In addition to music, X continues to work in Hollywood. In 2000, he first appeared in Snoop and Dre's hit comedy, "The Wash." Then, he went on to appear in Eminem's movie, "8mile," the suspenseful "Derailed" with Clive Owen and Jennifer Aniston, and also in the box office smash "XXX: State of the Union."

He is currently set to appear alongside WWE superstar The Rock in a new blockbuster movie, "Gridiron Gang," which is set to his the big screen in September.

Full Circle is slated for release September 19.

Source: ballerstatus.net

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X