Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radio Personality Star Comments On Dropped Charges, Heads Back To Court For Another Lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Personality Star Comments On Dropped Charges, Heads Back To Court For Another Lawsuit

Just as Star, formerly of Power 105's "Star & Bucwild Morning Show," spoke on getting his charges dropped, former co-host Prozac Girl has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the shock jock for intentional emotional distress, assault, defamation and violation of the Americans with Disability Act.

As previously reported, child endangerment and weapons charges were dropped against Star (born Troi Torain), yesterday. The charges were first filed when the DJ threatened to find and sexually assault the four-year-old daughter of DJ Envy, an on-air personality at Hot 97, Power 105.1's rival station. The charges were dropped under the condition that Star commits to three days of community service and a six-month probation. While exiting the Manhattan Criminal Court, Star downplayed the charges.

"I'm very, very happy the charges were dismissed," Torain said outside Manhattan Criminal Court. "I knew I'd committed no crime."

"Ultimately, the district attorney decided that clearly there was never any intent on Mr. Torain's part to ever cause any harm to the girl, and so the law was not broken," Benjamin Brafman, Star's attorney added. "It's time to move on."

Though Star's stunt cost him a lucrative deal with Clear Channel Broadcasting, the shock jock refused to be remorseful regarding the incident.

"It isn't about my regretting anything I said or didn't say. I have apologized," Star opined. "But my words were misconstrued and taken out of context. There's a big difference between mainstream talk and 'hood talk - and that's all this was."

Star also declared that he and Brafman would have beaten the case if it went to trial.

In related news, Prozac Girl (born Keysha Whitaker), who co-hosted the morning show with Star back in 2003 and later moved on to Hartford, CT' s 104.1 WPHH the following year, claims she was fired partly due to her depression. Though she was used to being the butt of Star's jokes, Prozac told the Connecticut Post that she drew the line when Star spit on producer Miguel Candelaria and warned other staff members, ""all of you in here are going to get anointed with my spit" during a May 24, 2004 broadcast.

According to the suit, Prozac approached Candelaria after the show and told him she would quit if Star spat on her. She claims that Candelaria requested a letter of resignation, took her keys and walked her out of the building, three days later. Prozac also alleges that Star later called her and said she was let go because she was "sick," "disabled" and is depressive. Earlier this week, U.S. District Judge Janet C. Hall denied a demand to have the case dismissed against Clear Channel, Star and Candelaria.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X